well i am back from my moose hunt, tag filled!

Talk anything related to the above listed big game.
The Ox
Monster
Monster

well i am back from my moose hunt, tag filled!

Post by The Ox » Mon Sep 22, 2008 10:04 pm

well iam back i hunted hard for almost 10 full days and did not see a lot of bulls, all in all i seen about 20 moose and only 6 bulls i seen a lot of cows but no good bulls.it was pretty warm and a full moon alot of the time i was up there so it did not seem like much was moving around. i hunted currant creek,wildcat and co-op creek pretty hard! and was not finding any good bulls. talked to a lot of elk hunters, forest service guys , and ranchers. no one had been seeing any good bulls. i ended up moving over toward mill hollow and ended up taking one out of there. i hope your all not to dissapoionted lol. i know he is probably a dink to all you guys up there, but i am happy with him and worked hard for him so its a good feeling . i was a little bummed at first because of lack of plams but he is quite different. looks more like elk antlers and i have been callin him the moelk(moose/elk) lol but he does not have much for palms or points but he is just shy of 42 inches wide. i am not very familiar with the area and could not afford to do a lot of scouting and after spending all the money i already have i could not pass. he was the biggest bull i had seen. i contemplated taking him for a while passed got back to the truck and went back and took him.i shot him with my rifle not a bow unfortunatley but its ok and i feel pretty happy i got a decent buck and a trophy in the eye of the beholder moose this year lol . i had an awesome couple hunts this year and all the highs and lows ya go through is so exhilarting looking back and i feel relieved to have gotten a moose i am happy with! i wanna thank everyone that was willing to help and share info on the area . it helped a great deal. i will get more pics and the story up another day and thanks again! hope ya enjoy!
o ya i was wearing those shoes around camp cause they slip on easy and forgot to change them so of course i killed and got them all bloody and wet lol lucky shoes i guesslol

http://s159.photobucket.com/albums/t131 ... uck107.jpg
http://s159.photobucket.com/albums/t131 ... uck096.jpg
http://s159.photobucket.com/albums/t131 ... uck106.jpg

TheGreatwhitehunter

Re: well i am back from my moose hunt, tag filled!

Post by TheGreatwhitehunter » Mon Sep 22, 2008 10:20 pm

OX congratulations on your Moose =D> sounds like it was great hunt.
THE LORD IS MY ROCK

The Ox
Monster
Monster

Post by The Ox » Mon Sep 22, 2008 10:38 pm

thanks it was a great hunt! and definently one that was well earned i was getting exhausted but i kept hammering away. ill ddefinently remember this for years too come. the wether could not have been worse nothing was moving around and i am glad i got one. there are defiently smaller ones out there so i cant complain!

killerbee

Post by killerbee » Tue Sep 23, 2008 7:21 am

very cool. i've heard a lot of the L.E. hunt are tough this year cause of the conditions. i would be happy and proud of that moose. congrats! and thanks for sharing

bigbuck92
Monster
Monster

Post by bigbuck92 » Tue Sep 23, 2008 7:23 am

Congrats on a nice bull ox! and i like the shoes. There master moose hunting shoes :) If you wanna see something crazy you should see my rabbit hunting boots :))
Cody
Old hunters NEVER die,they just have better camo.

tommycaller
Spike
Spike

Post by tommycaller » Tue Sep 23, 2008 7:38 am

I Don't see anything wrong with that bull. He is a great animal. The best part about it is you now have a freezer full of delicious moose meat. Good job. :thumb
"A waist is a terrible thing to mind"

AGCHAWK
Monster
Monster

Post by AGCHAWK » Tue Sep 23, 2008 7:56 am

CONGRATS OX! I can't see the pics at the moment (I am at work and Photobucket is one of the many sites that it blocked by our firewall) but will check them out when I get home.

Just wanted to say CONGRATS on a successful hunt...especially with the tough hunting conditions you were experiencing.

one hunting fool
Monster
Monster

Post by one hunting fool » Tue Sep 23, 2008 8:12 am

Holy crap i didn't know you knew Hank Williams Jr. =D> that is awesome, great bull.
Genesis 27:3
Now take your hunting equipment, your quiver and bow, and go out into the open country and hunt some wild game for me.

chet
Monster
Monster

Post by chet » Tue Sep 23, 2008 10:44 am

That is one sexy bull!!!!!!!!! I like it!!! congrats buddy!!!! 10sign:

Buckmaster
4 point
4 point

Post by Buckmaster » Tue Sep 23, 2008 2:56 pm

one hunting fool wrote:Holy crap i didn't know you knew Hank Williams Jr. =D>
+1 congrats OX..... Nice bull 10sign:
"I love it when a plan comes together"
<-------<<<

My Photo page
http://www.muleymadness.com/gallery/v/m ... uckmaster/
http://www.badlandspacks.com/