"One tough case" - Sent to me in email

Talk anything related to the above listed big game.
primal215
3 point
3 point

Re: "One tough case" - Sent to me in email

Post by primal215 » Fri Dec 18, 2009 12:22 pm

WHAT A HOG! :thumb
This was a bad way to handle the sting :>/

NONYA
Monster
Monster

Post by NONYA » Sat Dec 19, 2009 9:31 am

What isnt in the storys posted is the part where the didnt nail him for the crime they were investigating.Tey dropped the guidingh without a liscence charge because you dont need a guide liscence to scout.He got off with a couple minor infractions,NOT guiding without a liscence....The whole thing is a joke,they took that tag away from some guy who has been waiting years and gave it to the 'undercover warden" for their sting,then they didnt catch the guy taking money for guiding....t was a failed sting full of disgusting "tactics",the 'warden" commited every crime this guy did,when is it OK for a law enforcement agent to take part or lead others into a criminal situation?And why did the "warden" insist on shooting the biggest ram in the state? ](*,)

Tonoonyi
3 point
3 point

Post by Tonoonyi » Tue Dec 22, 2009 11:54 am

I have to voice my opinion on this as well.

I think the whole thing boils down to follow the money. The state trying to say that they had to shoot THIS ram to make their case is absurd. Other outfitters saying the warden did the right thing is just more of the same follow the money.

If any one of us regular Joe's were to illegally take a trophy animal, they would place additional fines on the ticket.

Very sad :>/
Keep your nose in the wind and your eyes along the skyline.

magnum72576
Fawn
Fawn

Post by magnum72576 » Sat Jan 09, 2010 1:49 am

What a sad story this is. I will probably never be lucky enough to draw my Montana sheep tag but I still apply each year. Having a career in law enforcement has given me some insight that not all people would want. When I read that these guys got some misdemeanor charges I almost laughed. What a joke a misdemeanor charge is. Here in NY the District Attorney reduces every charge, God forbid we keep anybody in Jail. And I'm sure Montana is the same. Any Ram alive is worth more than a hundred stupid Misdemeanor charges. I will doubt if these guys pay more than a few thousand in fines if they can even stretch the case that far. From what I read this was a very, very weak arrest and full of holes. Let me guess if this was a case involving someone hiring a hit man, they would of had to kill someone. If this guy took 10 thousand for the hunt then that's one thing. But $1000.00 for scouting, sound legal enough to me. I think they were barking up the wrong tree. This sounds like a big waste of resources, and all they managed to do was piss off all the sheep hunters. When you boil it all down, It's because of Montana Game Wardens that there is one less sheep roaming the mountains.

NONYA
Monster
Monster

Post by NONYA » Sat Jan 09, 2010 8:24 am

And the "warden" involved gets to keep the ram,because he "drew" the tag...BS!

shmobag
Spike
Spike

Post by shmobag » Sun Jan 09, 2011 6:15 pm

As a hunter and conservationist, and according to the information I have available, I must say that the greatest wrongdoing here wasn’t committed by the folks who are being charged.
I agree. The undercover agent either had a tag or didn't. If he didn't, he poached the animal and should be prosecuted as such. If he was given a tag, shame on Montana FWP. I'm honestly more disappointed in the FWP than the alleged illegal outfitter.