Rotten weather

Talk anything related to predators.
M.Bird
3 point
3 point

Rotten weather

Post by M.Bird » Thu Jan 21, 2010 5:39 pm

Weather has been unpredictable around Reno. I gave the Sunday morning time frame to the HCIC ( House Commander in Chief) last week, with the afternoon to the yotes, I get into the area about 3pm park and start my walk in, I see one as I crested a saddle area, dropped down and tried to call into the 30 mph cross wind, he never heard or saw me, but did not present a clear shot either (did not educate him) did 3 set in the valley but no response but did bring in 2 teenagers that where out plinking, they heard the noise and came to see what it was, they got about 30 yrds, I told them don’t point those rifles at me. They were a bit startled as I stood up.

Snowing blowing now, should stop Friday night, I hit them early Saturday morning, I don’t like hunting in the strong wind, everything else I can tolerate.

been a slow year for me, not that many yotes and I have not gotten my bobcat yet.

Let’s see some yote pics

Have a good one
M. bird

Bryan_e
Fawn
Fawn

Re: Rotten weather

Post by Bryan_e » Mon Jan 25, 2010 12:49 am

Next weekend is suppose to be nice. if it is I'm going to try to go east of Reno?

M.Bird
3 point
3 point

Post by M.Bird » Mon Jan 25, 2010 12:58 pm

how far east, I have done good around the USA parkway area, get some foxes out there

Bryan_e
Fawn
Fawn

Post by Bryan_e » Mon Jan 25, 2010 6:23 pm

I was thinking above UNR's ag center in Sparks . Have you ever hunted those hills?

M.Bird
3 point
3 point

Post by M.Bird » Tue Jan 26, 2010 2:00 pm

hunted a little east of there, further into the foot hills, very steep. closer to I-80, are you using hand or elec calls?

Let me know on how you did. I have to go to Carson On Friday, Sac on Saturday, hope to get out on Sunday, Thinking about Moon Rock area (Pryimid Hwy) or Cold Springs (if roads are passable to back there)

V/R
M. Bird

Bryan_e
Fawn
Fawn

Post by Bryan_e » Tue Jan 26, 2010 3:17 pm

I'm just starting out and I haven't gotten all of the lastest equipment. So I'll be useing hand calls and my shotgun.

M.Bird
3 point
3 point

Post by M.Bird » Tue Jan 26, 2010 5:06 pm

Don’t worry about all the latest and greatest devices, I have been doing the coyote thing for a lot of years and have the stuff is junk, the other half is so pricey it would take all winter to pay for some of them.
You say that you are shot gunning them? Have you had any luck yet?
I looked at the maps for the hidden valley area, looks to be some very callable areas.
If you would like to get together some time and go for dogs, shoot me a PM and we see what we can arrange.
Good luck

V/R
M. Bird