for the mule deer hunter

Talk anything related to predators.
M.Bird
3 point
3 point

for the mule deer hunter

Post by M.Bird » Tue Feb 23, 2010 2:11 pm

Here is one for all you mule deer hunters:
Last Saturday (20 Feb) after spending the afternoon doing things with HCIC, we (HCIC in tow) headed to one of my yote spots, got into the gillie suits and did the first set by a fallen tree, each of use on different sides (no wind), start my calling, HCIC say there something coming in the draw (about 70 in front of her) I keep calling, deer come out of the draw, not one but a small herd about 20 of them, They start coming closer, I stopped the calling, every time I would call they would come closer, they ended up about 15 yd’s from us, I turned around so I could see them, they never did figure out that we where humans, with the calling stopped they grazed off, I let them get about 100yds and called again, they started back towards us, we sat there until they were far enough away and moved to the next spot.
Did not score a yote that day, but still had a good time
M. Bird

NotEnufTags
Monster
Monster

Re: for the mule deer hunter

Post by NotEnufTags » Tue Feb 23, 2010 3:56 pm

My brother was calling yotes in Nevada and had a couple of mature bull elk coming to the call. From his video they would have come all the way in if not for a ranch truck that started down a nearby road which spooked them.

must be something unique to big game in Nevada lol
"Some day I'll scout out a monster, spot him while hunting, make the stalk of a lifetime, and have dreams come true. 'Til then I'll be happy with the buck in my cross-hairs."

Bryan_e
Fawn
Fawn

Post by Bryan_e » Tue Feb 23, 2010 11:40 pm

Did you go up by the Boontown/Gold Ranch area?

Tonoonyi
3 point
3 point

Post by Tonoonyi » Wed Feb 24, 2010 10:48 am

I think that using a predator call almost always calls in the deer. I have seen videos of guy's calling in whitetail does with a predator call. Here in Washington when I use a call to call for bears I will call in several deer on most days.

Who knows why, but I know it works. :thumb
Keep your nose in the wind and your eyes along the skyline.

M.Bird
3 point
3 point

Post by M.Bird » Wed Feb 24, 2010 11:01 am

Yes it was on Garrison Flats,
South side of I-80 between Gold Ranch and Boomtown