got a johnny stewart wireless predator e-call for my B-day!

Talk anything related to predators.
GPWDeer
2 point
2 point

Re: got a johnny stewart wireless predator e-call for my B-d

Post by GPWDeer » Thu Feb 14, 2008 10:21 am

I know. It is hard to know how much is too much. I wish I had someone who knew what they were doing that could take me out and learn me up.
Making the swtich to the strick and string! Watch out!

Buck Fever
3 point
3 point

Post by Buck Fever » Sat Feb 16, 2008 1:25 pm

Later in the season less calling is most of the time better. More howling and less predator calling. Try locator howls and challenge howls depending on the situation. Pause longer between calls. I know it gets frustrating, my last few times out have produced 0 dogs. The coyotes are very leary about calls this time of year. GPW maybe we can get together sometime and call some coyotes. I'm no expert, but I've called coyotes for the last 8 years so I might be able to help you out some. :thumb
Must be mentally focused at all times!!

GPWDeer
2 point
2 point

Post by GPWDeer » Sat Feb 16, 2008 7:19 pm

Buck Fever, maybe we'll have to give it a whirl. A buddy of mine saw three dogs right by the freeway at Black Canyon truck stop.

Buck Fever
3 point
3 point

Post by Buck Fever » Mon Feb 18, 2008 5:56 pm

Yeah I seen 3 yesterday right off the freeway in about the same spot just hanging out. Just let me know if you want to go out sometime.. Went out shed hunting today and seen 3 shootable coyotes but no rifle ](*,) ](*,)
Must be mentally focused at all times!!

GPWDeer
2 point
2 point

Post by GPWDeer » Tue Feb 19, 2008 10:01 am

I went out on sunday afternoon to the Bennett Mountain area, souteast of Mt. Home. Saw one yote on the freeway just before Mt. Home, then the first draw that we walked over to, a dog ran out the bottom at about 550-600 yards. Thought about shooting, but I didn't want to spook any other dogs in the area.

Then my buddy fell through the crust on the snow and sunk about 4 feet and hit his knee on a rock. I thought I was going to have to carry him out. That would have sucked.

Anyway, we could hear them howling all over out there, but nothing came to our calls. We set up three times and didn't see another dog. We did see about 500 deer though.

Oh well.

GPWDeer