Bear Hunting

Talk anything related to predators.
justinthebowhunter
Spike
Spike

Bear Hunting

Post by justinthebowhunter » Sat Apr 19, 2008 10:33 am

Anyone been out bear hunting? If you have I want to hear about it and if you have been successful lets see some pictures! :thumb

AntlersOutWest
4 point
4 point

Re: Bear Hunting

Post by AntlersOutWest » Tue Apr 22, 2008 7:29 am

My good friend that is a avid bear hunter went out last weekend to check a den he found earlier this winter that had a huge sow sleeping came to find it was empty, so I guess they are starting to come out of hybernation.. There is still 4 feet of snow where the den is located.. Still at bit chilly

Im wondering when I should start setting up my bait stations for this summer. Where my bear tag area is we still have at least 3-4 feet of snow. Hopefully I can get some #-o good pictures on my game cams to post.. May have to wait a while

Buck Fever
3 point
3 point

Post by Buck Fever » Tue Apr 22, 2008 7:59 am

Been out a few times, havent' located any bear yet :>/ Last year is wasn't until the first week in May until I started finding bears!! :thumb
Must be mentally focused at all times!!

justinthebowhunter
Spike
Spike

Post by justinthebowhunter » Fri Apr 25, 2008 11:46 pm

My bait has been out for 10 days. I went in to fill bait and found that my bait had been hit this week. I stayed in the stand tonight and a monster came in. This is my first time bear hunting so I wanted to make sure I just wasn't getting excited. I kept comparing him to my barrel and he was much longer and taller than my barrel. I never could get a shot at him even though it took him almost thirty minutes to come in from when I saw him 30 yards from the bait. He got within 5 yards of the bait and was behind two big trees before sensing something wasn't right and turned around and headed out of sight. My buddy came in from another stand and didn't believe me until he saw the tracks in the snow. They were between 5 to 6 inches wide. IT WAS INCREDIBLE! Hopefully I will be showing you guys some awesome pope and young pictures. :thumb

Buckmaster
4 point
4 point

Post by Buckmaster » Sat Apr 26, 2008 3:45 pm

WOW, bigger than the barrel!! That is defiantly a P&Y. Cant wait to see the pic's.......GOOD LUCK! <--------) 4c
"I love it when a plan comes together"
<-------<<<

My Photo page
http://www.muleymadness.com/gallery/v/m ... uckmaster/
http://www.badlandspacks.com/

300 wsm
Spike
Spike

Post by 300 wsm » Thu May 01, 2008 3:40 pm

Bears are coming out here in alberta cant wait to get out after them the snow is finally melted lower down much lower lower that is still alot in the mountains buddy of mine already got his grizzly so they are out
ROCKY MOUNTAIN BOUND

newhunterette
Fawn
Fawn

Post by newhunterette » Thu May 08, 2008 7:41 pm

We have May long weekend coming up and I will heading to the cabin and enjoying a good time spring bear hunting - have been seeing this beautiful Bruin for 3 years now and I think he is ready for me :) - stared him down a couple yars ago and told him - he will be mine one day - this year I am going to hopefully be successful - if not then I will climb in the boat and fish instead :)
They call me a "real Southern Canadian Beaver"