Bear Hunting 2009

Talk anything related to predators.
Ride
Fawn
Fawn

Bear Hunting 2009

Post by Ride » Tue Jun 02, 2009 12:12 pm

As i was lucky enough to draw a grizzly tag this spring in one of my favorite areas to hunt i have been pounding the bush hard to find just an opportunity to connect on a grizzly. With our extended winter this year in northern BC it has been hard finding accessible areas up until about two weeks ago. Weeks of looking for bears has so far ended up with two black bears being put on the ground (one by myself and one by my partner) and about 70 black bears seen since the start of May. After weeks of driving out only to be turned around at every spot i tried by snow i finally made it into one of my favorite spots and was able to put some serious effort into finding some bears. The area i have my g-bear draw in is very rugged with limited access and many deactivated roads, so lots of boot miles have been put on in order to try for a chance.

Lack of greening up areas has put a major damper on the sightings of grizz, but i keep hitting this spot because i know there are some major sized bears in there, not only in grizzly form. Finally last Saturday i was at least able to see some grizzlies. I spotted a nice sized sow with two little fluff balls in tow. The cubs were very interested in playing a game of chase and tackle with each other rather than paying attention to mom, but she kept a close eye on them the whole time while devouring everything in fornt of her. I watched them through the spotter for about half an hour and got some poor shots of them through the scope.

I can say i have a successful hunt now because at least i saw some grizzlies after all the work. With only two weekends left before the season closes i will have limited chances to get out. Hopefully i will be able to find some time and get out there again for another chance this year. If not, hopefully next year i can get drawn again!

sneekeepete
Monster
Monster

Re: Bear Hunting 2009

Post by sneekeepete » Tue Jun 02, 2009 12:19 pm

Ride very cool pics. :thumb Thanks for sharing your hunt thus far and good luck on the next couple weekends!
SNEEKEEPETE
OIF Vet.
Sgt Petersen USMC
Colossians 1:27,28

AntlersOutWest
4 point
4 point

Post by AntlersOutWest » Tue Jun 02, 2009 12:37 pm

A Griz tag?? :not-worthy Oh man I want to come up!

That is beautiful country! At least you were able to see a few..
Gosh I wish you the best of luck and CANT WAIT to see your pictures of your griz..
Our little black bears here make me nervous let alone one of those things.. Hope you can run fast lol

treedagain
2 point
2 point

Post by treedagain » Thu Jun 04, 2009 6:18 pm

awesome pics, how cool would it be to hammer a grizzly

TommyColey
Spike
Spike

Post by TommyColey » Thu Jul 09, 2009 8:35 am

man those pics are really cool.

Hiker

Post by Hiker » Sun Jul 12, 2009 7:57 am

Excellent! How about posting up some photos of your black bear? Sounds like you and your partner are having a great time so far. Hopefully you can close the deal on a grizzly in the next couple of weeks. Thanks again for sharing your hunt with us. :thumb I'm starting to get the fever to go bear hunting again, it's been a while.
Hiker

Proverbs 3:5-6

Ride
Fawn
Fawn

Post by Ride » Thu Jul 23, 2009 11:03 am

I'll have to try and dig up some pics of the bears we got this spring for you all........

Unfortunately the grizz was not meant to be this year. Season closed back in June although i was able to put a stalk on one my last day out. Was able to get to about 40 yards from it before her cubs made their appearance. Felt good just to have the chance. Got some pics of the big sow with my run of the mill digital camera with no zoom. I almost coulda spit on her I think and she did not even know i was there(which is always best) Now i just hafta wait 20 or so days before black bears open up again!

devroy
Fawn
Fawn

Post by devroy » Wed Dec 16, 2009 11:55 pm

i like hunting very much Imagei used to go on hunting . last time when i hunted a bear with cross bow i found it very impressive so if any body is fond of hunting then it is suitable for him to hunt with a cross bow . here are some pictures related to bow hunting . when i hunted with a cross bow i found there was no any noise while hunting at the same time when you hunt with a fire gun it produces so much noise and your hunt become concious after hearing that noise and you are not able to aim your hunt again but in the case of cross bow hunting there is no any noise and your aim or hunt remain unconcious and you are able to aim it again and it was good experience to hunt with a cross bow . i also seen so many videos on national geographyc on cross bow hunting and i liked it so much iam also interested in these kind of weapons and i enjoy making a collection of these .the reason i liked cross bow weapons so much because you just not only use it for a particuler type of hunting but you can use it in all kind of hunting and your protection also.