Turkey ?

Ducks, Geese, Turkeys, Quail, Chickens, Grouse, Doves, etc.
maintguy47
3 point
3 point

Turkey ?

Post by maintguy47 » Tue Feb 23, 2010 10:53 pm

I,ve had better luck opening week trukey than the rest of the season. But I only go openen week cause I can't wait to get out there and I can take 4 days. I was thinking about takeing the last week this year cause in 40yrs of hunting I've never tried it and I think I have after all this years have enough patients to wait if it's better than opening week. I'm going up into the mountians in northern NM cuase every June I'm up ther working my claim I watch about 30 or so walk across this meadow about 10o'clock every morning taughnting me.Thought I'd suprize em the first week of may witch is the last week of turky up there. Your thoughts,experiances,and opinions would be welcome on this subject.

killerbee

Re: Turkey ?

Post by killerbee » Tue Feb 23, 2010 10:56 pm

i hunted turkey in "chama" NM a few times, you around there?

maintguy47
3 point
3 point

Post by maintguy47 » Wed Feb 24, 2010 8:58 am

Yes. Thats where I hunt most septmbers up in the Carson. The snow is still kinda deep upthere in april and I really wanted to hunt that flock if I can get to em.

gobble4me
Fawn
Fawn

Post by gobble4me » Sat Feb 27, 2010 4:50 pm

It all depends on the hunting pressure they get. If they see little hunting pressure the last week of the season can be HOT cause the hens are all nesting and the toms are really searching. However, if they see a lot of hunting pressure the last week of the season can be the hardest time of the entire year. Such as the case here in PA, we have huge hunting pressure on our spring turkey hunts and the last week is always the hardest.

Just my $0.02 worth.