Own a bird dog?

Ducks, Geese, Turkeys, Quail, Chickens, Grouse, Doves, etc.
IdMDHNTR
Fawn
Fawn

Own a bird dog?

Post by IdMDHNTR » Sat Jun 12, 2004 8:59 pm

I have a 2 year old german shorthair. Hes my bud. He is solid liver but with a patch of white on his chest which is ticked. Just wanted to see who owns a good bird dog.

Turkey hunter
Fawn
Fawn

Post by Turkey hunter » Thu Jun 17, 2004 8:16 pm

Haven a dog is great for hunting and just for fun i have a black lab. She is the best pup. They are great for in the cold seson so you dont have to go get the bird out of the water or out of the thick trees.

Danthe2pointmuleyman
Spike
Spike

Post by Danthe2pointmuleyman » Sun Jun 27, 2004 12:10 am

hey,
my dad an brother both own german shorthairs. my dad's shorthair is a 5 yr ole liver colored with some silver in her hair. my bros is white with a liver colored head an a liver colored patch on her side. i myself own a golden retriever an she is awesome. idk how ole she is but im guessin about 2. all of these dogs we picked up from the pound an they have been great hunting dogs an family dogs. couldnt do it without them.
Happy Trails

IdMDHNTR
Fawn
Fawn

dogs

Post by IdMDHNTR » Mon Jun 28, 2004 12:41 am

That is awesome!

Don Fischer
3 point
3 point

Post by Don Fischer » Fri Jan 07, 2005 10:38 am

IdMDHNTR'

Boy have I owned a lot of bird dog's. Starting with a German Shorthair I knew nothing about, to a couple Springer Spaniel"s, to probally too many shorthair's and english pointer's.
I've got bad knee's now so don't go much, to hard to keep up with the dog's; I like a dog that RUN'S!! I've had several horseback dog's and if you've never experienced that, what a treat!
I've also trained some Brittany's, English Setter's and a couple Visla's.
My fovorite dog? Absolutely nothing has the class of a good English Pointer, Setter's require to much coat maintence, Britt's I've found unpredictable temperment wise (although one of my favorite's was a
Britt), Visla's have a long way to go, but I know of a lady in Wash that has nice one's. The German Shorthair from good hunting line's is my number one dog. Smart, stylish and easy to work with.
dang, ya got me going on bird dog's!
If you want to hear about that Brittany, say so. I've even got some photo's of her.[/quote]

wrmdnkr
Spike
Spike

Post by wrmdnkr » Fri Jun 10, 2005 1:44 pm

I really have respect for people who own dogs. We used to have hunting dogs but they became too much work for my kids and I so my neighbor's brother bought them. Actually, one of them bit my kid's butt during a hunt and I really lost it on him.
"being a music teacher doesn't make you a panzy"

zatarain6
3 point
3 point

Post by zatarain6 » Sun Jun 18, 2006 1:44 pm

yes i do . in fact we have three brittanys and one just had a litter of ten pups . all orange and white , 6 males and 4 females . use all three for hunting .