Pine Valley Turkey

Ducks, Geese, Turkeys, Quail, Chickens, Grouse, Doves, etc.
shedhunter
Spike
Spike

Pine Valley Turkey

Post by shedhunter » Tue Feb 01, 2005 4:18 pm

Hey ya'll!

I finally drew my turkey tag on the Pine Valley B hunt here in So. Utah. Here's my question for you other turkey hunters, what would you take hunting and why? I am goning to try to shoot it with my bow. It might be tough, but if it comes within shotgun range, the bow should be just as good as weapon. I had 3 points if you were wondering. Anyone else draw??
~shedhunter~

MuleyMadness
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by MuleyMadness » Tue Feb 01, 2005 5:40 pm

Never put in for it, considered it though. I may have to now though, so a three year wait basically. Sounds challenging with the bow, but fun though. Don't know much about the Pine Valley hunt, what are the boundaries?

shedhunter
Spike
Spike

Pine Valley Boundaries

Post by shedhunter » Tue Feb 01, 2005 10:35 pm

MuleyMadness:

The Pine Valley boundaries are the same as the deer management unit. Starting at the Utah-Arizona state line on I-15 north to SR 56 or Highway 56 here in Cedar. From there west on SR 56 to Lund Highway. North on Lund Hwy to the Union Pacific railroad tracks then southwest on the tracks to the Utah-Nevada border, south on the border to the Arizona-Utah border and back east to I-15. Basically west of I-15 and south of Lund. Its a big unit and there are a lot of turkeys....if you know where they are at! Give it a try one of these days! You'll have a blast, I promise!!!
~shedhunter~