UTAH TURKEY

Ducks, Geese, Turkeys, Quail, Chickens, Grouse, Doves, etc.
a_bow_nut

Re: UTAH TURKEY

Post by a_bow_nut » Sun Jan 27, 2008 7:41 pm

MTrednack,

We are slowly getting to that point. Not to long ago there were only a handfull in the entire state. Between trading animals with other states and transplanting within this state we have quite a healthy population going. Why just this year they have more than doubled the number of turkey tags. :thumb

Hopefuly one day they will have turkey tags for sale over the counter. [-o<
Live to hunt, hunt to live.

Don't argue with an idiot; people watching may not be able to tell
the difference.

JBird
Monster
Monster

Post by JBird » Sun Jan 27, 2008 10:24 pm

My brother, dad, and I all drew the late southern region tag. It ought to be fun!

Heads or Tails
2 point
2 point

Post by Heads or Tails » Sun Jan 27, 2008 10:45 pm

Me, my wife and 11 yrd old son all drew! My boy got a good one last year, so we will see if we can chase a couple down again. I think i may be spending more time to trying to get them their birds, b ut that is fine. I would much rather see them be successfull!!

Good Luck to all!!
Heads or Tails Hunting Co.

awholelottabull
Spike
Spike

Post by awholelottabull » Mon Jan 28, 2008 12:20 am

I finally get to bang away at a Utah gobbler. I'm going to Kansas again this year to hunt them and then my Utah hunt starts the day after I get back. This could be a 3 gobbler year for me if things go well.

Touch 'em all
Spike
Spike

Post by Touch 'em all » Mon Jan 28, 2008 10:00 pm

(???) Unsuccessful soup for me this year. I thought for sure that I would get one. ](*,)

MTredneck
Spike
Spike

Post by MTredneck » Thu Feb 07, 2008 4:52 pm

well i'm gonna say, i'm looking forward to moving to montana in 2010 but till then i'm stay'n in NC for a while, hey if anybody wants to kill a eastern gobbler this yr, let me know, I can prolly put someone on a bird, the season runs from April 20something till may 20something, and all you need is an out-of-state license, no permits to be drawn lol. I'm aiming to kill one with the bow this yr
keep her tween the ditches(rdneck for be safe)
you cant tell a rdneck what to do (coach Starnes)
"women stay at home, cook dinner, have our babies and bring me a beer when i holler for it" coach starnes again

bigbuck92
Monster
Monster

Post by bigbuck92 » Thu Feb 07, 2008 11:52 pm

MTredneck i was just wondering whats bringing you out west in a few years? Work or something?
Cody
Old hunters NEVER die,they just have better camo.

hound_hunter
Monster
Monster

Post by hound_hunter » Fri Feb 08, 2008 12:42 pm

I forget to put in every year.. Been sayin I would for a while now. Stupid me, I could have drawn at least 2 tags by now and had some BP to boot.

MTredneck
Spike
Spike

Post by MTredneck » Fri Feb 15, 2008 8:11 pm

Nope, just college, and well my chance to live where i've always wanted to live, i'm originally from a small town in NC(rosman) with a pop of 500 folks its in the mtns, and well i now live near charlotte ](*,) , so i need to get back in touch with my small town roots so i'm moving to montana(going to montana state U) then staying there and get'n a job with the state or fed govt
keep her tween the ditches(rdneck for be safe)
you cant tell a rdneck what to do (coach Starnes)
"women stay at home, cook dinner, have our babies and bring me a beer when i holler for it" coach starnes again