FAVORITE SHOTGUN???

Ducks, Geese, Turkeys, Quail, Chickens, Grouse, Doves, etc.
jersey boy
2 point
2 point

FAVORITE SHOTGUN???

Post by jersey boy » Sat Mar 08, 2008 7:44 pm

i was just wondering what your favorite shotgun is for any small game/upland birds my favorite is a charles daly 12 gauge pump. my granfather gave to my dad then my dad gave to me. i shot my first pheasant and squirrel with it and ive been killing endless counts of em' with it since .its the only shotgun i use my other 12 gauge pump shotgun a brolin arms its a turkey gun which i shot but i yet get to use it in the woods but i want to hunt turkey bad. Lets hear some stories and see some pics. This pic was took with my phone sorry for the bad picture i'll have a better one up soon.
Attachments
gun.jpg
gun.jpg (4.99 KiB) Viewed 7151 times
im a jersey boy becomin a utah boy!!!

ABert

Re: FAVORITE SHOTGUN???

Post by ABert » Sat Mar 08, 2008 8:46 pm

This is an easy one: side by side Stevens 12ga! My dad gave it to me a couple of years ago after I've hunted with it many, many times. Probably the first 12ga I ever shot and maybe the first gun I used to take a pheasant. Could've been a Browning, though. I don't hunt with it too much now as I've had an 870 for a few years that just plain works for me. Though I think I'll use it this year to see if it shoots just a straight as it always has.
It ain't the size of the gun but the placement of the bullet.

wilecoyote76
Spike
Spike

Post by wilecoyote76 » Sat Mar 08, 2008 10:01 pm

I grew up shooting a Remington 870 Wingmaster in 20 guage so naturally I had to have one for myself. I bought a 12 ga instead though. I have since bought another 12 ga 870 express magnum too for turkeys. We had a Charles Daly side by side growing up too. If I was to buy another, probably a Remington! :thumb

jersey boy
2 point
2 point

Post by jersey boy » Sun Mar 09, 2008 7:06 pm

keep em comin' guys!!1 :thumb

a_bow_nut

Post by a_bow_nut » Mon Mar 10, 2008 2:17 am

Mine is a Browning A-5. It was one of my dads shotguns. It's been my favorite ever since I picked it up the first time.
Live to hunt, hunt to live.

Don't argue with an idiot; people watching may not be able to tell
the difference.

MTredneck
Spike
Spike

Post by MTredneck » Mon Mar 10, 2008 3:18 pm

My remington 870 youth 20ga mag. I'm 17 now and dad got me the gun when i was 11 or 12, on thanksgiving day from basspro(1st time in 40 something yrs he hasnt been hunting on thanksgiving morning-same for me too cept 1st time in 5yrs) anyway that evening me, him and one of his friends all loaded up and went hunting(i havent even fired the gun at this pt in time) well about dusty dark a big cow horn whitetail walks out at 40yrds and with a modified choke and buckshot 6 out of 18 pellets went slap through him the others where just under the skin on the far side. Then dad's friend smeared blood on my face after he'd got to where i was hunting(tradition). dang i had a blast that day. since then i've went on to kill 2 bucks in 30 mins with my bow, 2 bucks in 20 mins with my ML, and 2-3 deer with that gun and 3 turkeys wiht it as well. Guess i paid attention a little too good.
keep her tween the ditches(rdneck for be safe)
you cant tell a rdneck what to do (coach Starnes)
"women stay at home, cook dinner, have our babies and bring me a beer when i holler for it" coach starnes again

jersey boy
2 point
2 point

Post by jersey boy » Mon Mar 10, 2008 6:44 pm

im 17 too but same as me im catching up with my pops fast actually ahead with some animals but not the same with others beat him with the coyote :thumb

zatarain6
3 point
3 point

Post by zatarain6 » Mon Mar 10, 2008 8:31 pm

mine are the two browning a-5s that were made in belguim and then my remington 16 ga wingmaster 870 express

DeadI

Post by DeadI » Tue Mar 11, 2008 8:08 pm

Growing up I started with the good ole Rem. 870 express. I then went to a Browning over / under 12ga. And Now have a Benelli Super Black Eagle II 12ga. I will not be buying another as long as its still shoting. 10sign:
Deadi

southwind
Monster
Monster

Post by southwind » Thu Mar 13, 2008 4:10 pm

I love em all but my favorite upland gun right now is a Browning 525 20 ga. OU with 3" chambers. It is just a dream to hunt with and my favorite phesant load is 3" #6's or 7 1/2's plated which just stacks em up.