Wader recomendations

Ducks, Geese, Turkeys, Quail, Chickens, Grouse, Doves, etc.
79Ford
Monster
Monster

Wader recomendations

Post by 79Ford » Sun Nov 09, 2008 2:07 am

I am in need of some recommendations on what waders work best for duck/goose hunting. I have never been and am trying to decide between chest waders and hip waders. I'm kind of leaning toward the hip waders because I dont want to have the shoulder straps hindering my ability to move, however the chest waders would make it possible to get into deeper water if needed. It's a lot of money to spend on something just to make the wrong decision. So what works best for everyone else?
Here are the two I am thinking about.
http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/templ ... id=0047610

a_bow_nut

Re: Wader recomendations

Post by a_bow_nut » Sun Nov 09, 2008 3:17 pm

I would go with the full on chest waders. It's better to have it and not need it that to need it and not have. Plus the chest waders will keep you warmer out in the cold weather. I haven't noticed the straps ever getting in the way much.
Live to hunt, hunt to live.

Don't argue with an idiot; people watching may not be able to tell
the difference.

DeadI

Post by DeadI » Sun Nov 09, 2008 4:04 pm

The full chest waders get my vote. When walking throught the swamps it realy sucks to drop into some really soft mud and be over your waste in water. Especialy if you only have hip waders. I would also recomend something with at least 1000 grams of thinsulate. Nothing worse than your toes feeling like they are going to fall of from being so cold while your standing there waiting for the birds to fly.
Deadi

79Ford
Monster
Monster

Post by 79Ford » Tue Nov 11, 2008 11:29 am

Full chest waders it is. Thanks guys. Maybe one of these day I'll even get to use them.