Utah waterfowl dates.. what are they?

Ducks, Geese, Turkeys, Quail, Chickens, Grouse, Doves, etc.
hound_hunter
Monster
Monster

Utah waterfowl dates.. what are they?

Post by hound_hunter » Sun Nov 23, 2008 2:02 am

I'm by no means a waterfowl hunter. Don't know much about it (when, where, how), have only gone a couple times, etc.. But I was looking on the UDWR website calendar to see when the hunts close and I didn't see anything on the calendar (looking into about April even though I thought it was around December or January that it closed). I'm most likely going to be home for the month of December and considering I didn't get any hunting in this year... at all! I wanted to try my luck at getting after some ducks. So is the hunt open in December?

If anyone wants to go out I'll be at my house on the weekends in Bountiful and in Orem during the week at a recruting station. So hit me up sometime and lets get after 'em (if its open of course) :)

Thanks all

a_bow_nut

Re: Utah waterfowl dates.. what are they?

Post by a_bow_nut » Sun Nov 23, 2008 2:14 am

Ducks, mergansers, and coots.

Oct. 4 - Jan. 17 (except for scaup that are Oct. 4 - Dec. 28)

Gesse.

Dark Geese Oct 4 - 16 and Oct 28 - Jan. 25 ( except the northern goose unit that goes Oct 4 - Jan. 17)

Light Geese Oct 13 - Jan 17 ( except the northern goose unit that goes Oct 25 - Jan 17 and Feb. 18 - Mar. 10)

These are just the dates that are in the proclamation. There are a bunch of rules on the spring light goose hunt that you will want to read up on if you decide to go on that hunt.

Hope that this helps.
Live to hunt, hunt to live.

Don't argue with an idiot; people watching may not be able to tell
the difference.

hound_hunter
Monster
Monster

Re: Utah waterfowl dates.. what are they?

Post by hound_hunter » Sun Nov 23, 2008 3:33 am

Great information, thank you! I guess I shouldn't have been so lazy and I should have pulled up the proc. I just figured Id take the quick route and look on the calendar but it wasnt there. Thank you none the less a_bow_nut