Nevada Swan Carnage

Ducks, Geese, Turkeys, Quail, Chickens, Grouse, Doves, etc.
Mark
3 point
3 point

Nevada Swan Carnage

Post by Mark » Sun Dec 28, 2008 5:57 pm

Filled the swan tags today...

We decoyed 50+ swans into this little opening in the ice today. All we had out was 6 duck decoys. Plus we had the only open water for miles around.

When these two were at 15 yards we wacked 'em... I don't know how many of you guys have had over 50 swans locked up and dropping in on you, but I'm going to tell you that from my perspective, it was awesome!

We also had nothing but divers buzzing the decoys today. There wasn't a mallard to be found. After several hours of being buzzed repeatedly, we gave in and wacked a few of them. I'm not a big fan of ruddy ducks or buffleheads, but they do make nice teriyaki snack sticks! And they're almost as much fun to shoot as teal.

Hoyt

killerbee

Re: Nevada Swan Carnage

Post by killerbee » Sun Dec 28, 2008 7:58 pm

very cool mark! we dont get any ruddy ducks where i hunt so i would like to shoot 1! as far as swans...... well, one time when i was about 15 me and my cousin killed these two HUGE snow geese ](*,) 6 foot wing spans, big ol' long neck, etc.. boy where we proud. so we took them to my frien the taxidermist, he broke the news to us that we better get rid of them because they were swans #-o it's funny now
congrats and thanks for sharing

79Ford
Monster
Monster

Post by 79Ford » Sun Dec 28, 2008 10:28 pm

killerbee wrote:very cool mark! we dont get any ruddy ducks where i hunt so i would like to shoot 1! as far as swans...... well, one time when i was about 15 me and my cousin killed these two HUGE snow geese ](*,) 6 foot wing spans, big ol' long neck, etc.. boy where we proud. so we took them to my frien the taxidermist, he broke the news to us that we better get rid of them because they were swans #-o it's funny now
congrats and thanks for sharing
World record snow geese huh? lol

We could have had 5 the other day but not a single one of us had a swan tag. Beautiful birds for sure. Couldnt imagine having 50 of them locking in on you. That would just be awesome.
Last edited by 79Ford on Tue Jan 13, 2009 4:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

hound_hunter
Monster
Monster

Post by hound_hunter » Sun Dec 28, 2008 10:45 pm

Mark congrats man! I can't even imagine 50+ swans coming in, That must have been quite a site! Congrats on that.

MuleyMadness
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by MuleyMadness » Mon Dec 29, 2008 9:54 am

Very cool Mark, thanks for the update. Never hunted them myself before. But looks like and sounds like a blast.

one hunting fool
Monster
Monster

Post by one hunting fool » Mon Dec 29, 2008 11:16 am

dang MARK that is one good looking dog you got! congrats on the swans.
Genesis 27:3
Now take your hunting equipment, your quiver and bow, and go out into the open country and hunt some wild game for me.

Mark
3 point
3 point

Post by Mark » Mon Dec 29, 2008 2:19 pm

one hunting fool wrote:dang MARK that is one good looking dog you got! congrats on the swans.
Thanks! He's a really nice 4 yr old dog to hunt over. Patient, calm and all business.

He should earn his Master Hunter title this spring.
Hoyt

BIG R
4 point
4 point

Post by BIG R » Sat Jan 10, 2009 9:38 pm

Good job on the swans.Ihave killed a couple off the north pond my self.I even hold the north pond large mouth bass record out of there & crappie pond.If your ever looking for some good waterfowl spots down there let me know ive had many 50+ goose years and multiple 100+ duck years.

=

AGCHAWK
Monster
Monster

Post by AGCHAWK » Sat Jan 10, 2009 10:19 pm

Great haul Mark!! CONGRATS!

Looks a little chilly too

JLROOT
2 point
2 point

Post by JLROOT » Tue Jan 13, 2009 8:27 am

Congrats on the swans. I had to chuckle at the last picture. The look on the dogs face seems to be saying "Ok boss, I'm taking the darn picture. Now can we get back to the hunting? Huh?"
A 'Veteran' whether active duty, discharged, retired, or reserve is someone who, at one point in his/her life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'United States of America,' for an amount of 'up to, and including his life.'