turkey tags

Ducks, Geese, Turkeys, Quail, Chickens, Grouse, Doves, etc.
kinzysdad
3 point
3 point

Re: turkey tags

Post by kinzysdad » Tue Jan 27, 2009 2:27 pm

proutdoors wrote:
kinzysdad wrote:I got hit for 35 this morning and it was my first year. I hope my luck holds out for the Book Cliffs elk tag. wahooooooo
What turkey tag did you draw?

I drew unit 114 Unit wide. Central
when the crow dips, you have luck sometimes maybe.

hound_hunter
Monster
Monster

Post by hound_hunter » Tue Jan 27, 2009 7:17 pm

So I just got off the phone with my dad and he drew the fishlake-plateau tag. Problem though, None of us know anything about Turkey, haha. I told him it takes like 3 years to draw so just to build up bonus points, so he put in there for fun cause we have a cabin at fishlake and what do ya know? We draw!

Does anyone have any info on the unit? haha, Or know anybody who does? We have seen turkey there 1 time before the deer hunt, they were near the highway. That's it though and we're there somewhat often (never looking for turkey though). I'm hoping to take leave for the hunt but I'm pretty sure i'm getting deployed to Guantanamo Bay in May, not sure on the dates yet though so that's the only variable if i'll be able to make it or not (I'm saving up my leave in hopes though [-o< )

Also, Anyone have any pointers on the best way to learn how to call in turkeys and hunt them? We really don't know anything, haha. We did 1 free turkey hunt in Texas at the Y.O ranch several years ago but it was after the "rut" or whatever they have so the guide drove us around in his suburban chasing down turkeys, haha. It was a blast, but I probably won't have the opportunity to hunt like that here lol .

Good luck to all! I'll be headed to dicks this weekend to grab some turkey calls and practice up

mapleton archer
2 point
2 point

Post by mapleton archer » Tue Jan 27, 2009 8:45 pm

me and my dad both drew for paunsagaunt late hunt . im pumped we saw lots of turkeys there .this is my first turkey hunt. :)

camodup
3 point
3 point

Post by camodup » Tue Jan 27, 2009 10:22 pm

My dad drew out. I drew out last year so i wont be gettin one any time soon and my brother will be next. But my dad is so pumped and im so excited he drew cuz guess who gets to be his guide and help him jelly head a big ol tom... I DO I DO!!!! :)
thedailyhuntandfish.com

Pro Staff for Northern Utah Waterfowl
Duck Junkies Field Staff

proutdoors
3 point
3 point

Post by proutdoors » Wed Jan 28, 2009 12:59 am

kinzysdad wrote:
proutdoors wrote:
kinzysdad wrote:I got hit for 35 this morning and it was my first year. I hope my luck holds out for the Book Cliffs elk tag. wahooooooo
What turkey tag did you draw?

I drew unit 114 Unit wide. Central
Same tag I drew for the second year in a row!
The Mind can only serve one Master, either gratitude or despair--but not both.

bow hunter
Fawn
Fawn

Post by bow hunter » Wed Jan 28, 2009 6:36 pm

mapleton archer wrote:me and my dad both drew for paunsagaunt late hunt . im pumped we saw lots of turkeys there .this is my first turkey hunt. :)
Did you draw the B hunt? so did I, it looks to be good done there lots of turkeys

a_bow_nut

Post by a_bow_nut » Thu Jan 29, 2009 2:44 am

The wife and I drew southeastern region wide tags. Looking forward to getting out to chase them.
Live to hunt, hunt to live.

Don't argue with an idiot; people watching may not be able to tell
the difference.

mapleton archer
2 point
2 point

Post by mapleton archer » Thu Jan 29, 2009 4:09 pm

bow hunter wrote:
mapleton archer wrote:me and my dad both drew for paunsagaunt late hunt . im pumped we saw lots of turkeys there .this is my first turkey hunt. :)
Did you draw the B hunt? so did I, it looks to be good done there lots of turkeys

Yes the b hunt .

The Ox
Monster
Monster

Post by The Ox » Sun Feb 01, 2009 3:22 pm

i drew on southern regionwide tag i figured it would be an easy draw seein how they gave almost 4500 tags so i am sure it will be a bit crowded hunt but itll be fun anyway!

kinzysdad
3 point
3 point

Post by kinzysdad » Tue Mar 03, 2009 1:42 pm

I need to get a full choke tube for my 870 super mag, is it worth the extra 40-50 dollars to get a ported tube? I can get a regular tube in extra full for 15-25, but the ported tubes are around 50 to 70? what to you all think?
when the crow dips, you have luck sometimes maybe.