more goose carnage today...

Ducks, Geese, Turkeys, Quail, Chickens, Grouse, Doves, etc.
Mark
3 point
3 point

more goose carnage today...

Post by Mark » Sat Jan 17, 2009 9:37 pm

Another day in the goose fields...

We managed to kill a few limits today. We killed 5 early in the day and waited for the afternoon flight to kill the last 4. With literally 5 minutes of shooting time left I killed my final bird.

Busy day for Cooper! It's hard work for a 60lb lab to carry a 12lb goose! We had 3 birds with broken wings that he had to chase down. I honestly think he likes it better when he gets to chase them. Sometimes he can't see where he's going on the retrieve because of the size of the birds. If he brings them back through the decoys he usually knocks a few over. It's pretty comical!

Still need 1 more bird and it's 4:35...

Finally! It's now 4:57 and there's only 5 minutes of legal shooting time...

Josh and Chad...
Hoyt

MuleyMadness
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: more goose canage today...

Post by MuleyMadness » Mon Jan 19, 2009 9:09 pm

Cool!

killerbee

Re: more goose canage today...

Post by killerbee » Tue Jan 20, 2009 8:46 am

very cool! i know what you mean on a smaller dog with the geese. my yellow lab [ copper] he's a little bigger, 80 lbs, but he mainly retieves ducks all year long. when i do kill geese the first one he never fails to run right threw them . [like he does the ducks to just grab them on the run] but the geese he grabs them on the run and it sends him into a couple summersaults [sp??] across the field... it's great :)) :)) then he looks up at me like he's saying " HOLY^#@... DID YOU SEE THE SIZE OF THIS DUCk?" but after he gets the first one or two of the year he dont have any problems with them till the next year.
looks like you had a blast with your kids :thumb