Late goose hunt

Ducks, Geese, Turkeys, Quail, Chickens, Grouse, Doves, etc.
79Ford
Monster
Monster

Late goose hunt

Post by 79Ford » Tue Mar 03, 2009 11:58 pm

Anyone having any luck on Utahs first ever spring goose hunt? I've been thinking about getting out since i've seen a lot of birds flying, but i cant say I have ever seen a light goose in Utah (havent really looked that hard though). Do we get enough of them coming through to make it worth going out?

camodup
3 point
3 point

Re: Late goose hunt

Post by camodup » Wed Mar 04, 2009 3:54 pm

I know a spot where tons of snow geese come through. Its just being in the right spot at the right time. And its mostly northern part of the state the only place your really gonna find em. I wish we could shoot canadians on this spring hunt... so much easier!
thedailyhuntandfish.com

Pro Staff for Northern Utah Waterfowl
Duck Junkies Field Staff

79Ford
Monster
Monster

Post by 79Ford » Wed Mar 04, 2009 11:40 pm

camodup wrote:I know a spot where tons of snow geese come through. Its just being in the right spot at the right time. And its mostly northern part of the state the only place your really gonna find em. I wish we could shoot canadians on this spring hunt... so much easier!
Yeah, I have honkers flying over the house all the time right now. I see one flock right after the other of 50+ geese and I have to go lock myself in my computer room with the blinds closed and my headphones on so i cant hear or see them. It just makes me want to go hunting and I cant! Not only cant I hunt the honkers, but the light goose season ends on the 10th and I have no free time between now and then to even try for them. There's always next year i guess.

camodup
3 point
3 point

Post by camodup » Thu Mar 05, 2009 10:59 am

I dont have school tomorrow. Guess where i'll be :thumb
thedailyhuntandfish.com

Pro Staff for Northern Utah Waterfowl
Duck Junkies Field Staff