06 archery turkey

Ducks, Geese, Turkeys, Quail, Chickens, Grouse, Doves, etc.
Stickkicker
Fawn
Fawn

06 archery turkey

Post by Stickkicker » Mon Mar 27, 2006 5:46 pm

Here are a couple of pics from opening day in Nebraska this year. It was plenty cold out but the birds were defintly getting fired up. Can't wait to get after them again.
Image :thumb

MuleyMadness
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by MuleyMadness » Mon Mar 27, 2006 6:05 pm

SWEET! and with a bow also. :)

Congrats! I fixed the images for you, looks like it was using the thumbnails and you didn't need the [url] tags either just the images [img] tags.

thanks
brett

Stickkicker
Fawn
Fawn

Post by Stickkicker » Mon Mar 27, 2006 6:12 pm

Thanks for fixing the pics for me, Someday I will get this computer and all that goes along with it figured out.

muleystalker01
2 point
2 point

Post by muleystalker01 » Mon Mar 27, 2006 7:59 pm

sweet pics .hoping to take my first archery turkey this year.our season opens april 8th.

Bowedark
Spike
Spike

Post by Bowedark » Mon Mar 27, 2006 8:08 pm

Look Great, I can hear them behind the house 2 week before season start here

Stickkicker
Fawn
Fawn

Post by Stickkicker » Tue Mar 28, 2006 9:43 am

Muleystalker, good luck in the SD season, Everytime I go to Rapid City I see quite a few of them not too far past the state line along the highway.
Thanks too all for the compliments.

a_bow_nut

Post by a_bow_nut » Tue Mar 28, 2006 12:21 pm

That's a nice looking turkey. =D> It looks like there is a broken arrow in your quiver. Was this from the arrow going all the way through and hitting the ground? Also what type of broadhead did you use?
Live to hunt, hunt to live.

Don't argue with an idiot; people watching may not be able to tell
the difference.

Stickkicker
Fawn
Fawn

Post by Stickkicker » Tue Mar 28, 2006 4:46 pm

The arrow stayed in the bird and broke when some other toms got after him and pushed him over into a draw. The shot was just under 40 yards and the arrow anchored in the far wingbone socket. I like to use montek g5 broadheads. There are probably better ones for turkey hunting but they fly very well with my setup and I thought I would stick with them because of that.

a_bow_nut

Post by a_bow_nut » Thu Mar 30, 2006 12:17 pm

I've yet to find anybody that uses the broadheads that are set up for turkey hunting. Everybody uses the same broadheads that they use all the time for big game. I've always wondered if they were any good but I tink that when I get a chance to hunt turkey again that I'll stick with my same old hunting tips also. If it's not broke don't fix it right?
Live to hunt, hunt to live.

Don't argue with an idiot; people watching may not be able to tell
the difference.

muleystalker01
2 point
2 point

Post by muleystalker01 » Fri Apr 07, 2006 12:37 am

I use the turkey thumpers by muzzy.they fly true and from what I've seen they knockem down nice.I gave a friend one a couple years ago and he took a nice 19# bird.Hopefully I'll take one this weekend and I'll have my own experience with it in a bird.target shooting with them they fly great just got to get used to em being a little heavier than the broadheads I use.I was looking at those gobbler guiatines but it looks like you have to hit the bird in the neck for a clean killing shot as the way they are made looks like they wouldn't penetrate the birds body.
Stickkicker what part of nebraska are you from.I have family in scottsbluff.And I worked on a ranch/dairyfarm not far from valentine several years back.