First photos...

Dedicated to Trail Cam's
Bowtech43
3 point
3 point

First photos...

Post by Bowtech43 » Tue Jul 20, 2010 1:31 am

Here are a few of my trail cam photos. I am a bit discourage though, I bought the Moultrie D-40 and it has a feature where it goes into sleep mode and apparently it doesn't have a wake up mode. All the photos we got were from two days, both being the evenings after we were there. Then it seems the stupid thing went into hibernation. Does anyone know anything about this camera? Is this a flaw or can it be fixed with a setting change? Any info would be helpful.

Thanks,

Brandon
MDGC0029E.JPG
MDGC0046E.JPG
MDGC0048E.JPG
Do you see the little four hiding in this one?
MDGC0055E.JPG
MDGC0052e.JPG
Nothing like the great outdoors! :)

MuleyMadness
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: First photos...

Post by MuleyMadness » Tue Jul 20, 2010 8:07 am

Never used your cam, so sorry can't help but thanks for sharing at least you got something on cam. :)

bc.pse
2 point
2 point

Post by bc.pse » Tue Jul 20, 2010 11:03 am

Well my D40 did the same thing I put new batterys in it and it hasn't had a problem since of idk good luck.
"I'm a Backwoods Boy! I grew up on a Dirt Road!"-Josh Turner

Buckmaster
4 point
4 point

Post by Buckmaster » Tue Jul 20, 2010 3:46 pm

Nice pic's :thumb Also looks like a great place for a stand, Have you got one hung yet?
"I love it when a plan comes together"
<-------<<<

My Photo page
http://www.muleymadness.com/gallery/v/m ... uckmaster/
http://www.badlandspacks.com/

Bowtech43
3 point
3 point

Post by Bowtech43 » Tue Jul 20, 2010 5:17 pm

bc.pse - thanks for that info, I'll try that. It does say that the battery life is 85%, were your batteries new like that or dead?

Buckmaster - I haven't bought a tree stand yet. I hope to, but I may run out of money before that happens. Too many darn things to buy.

bc.pse
2 point
2 point

Post by bc.pse » Tue Jul 20, 2010 5:53 pm

[quote="Bowtech43"]bc.pse - thanks for that info, I'll try that. It does say that the battery life is 85%, were your batteries new like that or dead?

No Sorry mine where dead....If I'm understanding right, you left your cam all set up and ready to go and then came back and it was turned off? Thats how mine worked then I just turned it on again and changed battery's.....sorry if this doesn't help..
"I'm a Backwoods Boy! I grew up on a Dirt Road!"-Josh Turner

UvUBowhunter
Spike
Spike

Post by UvUBowhunter » Tue Jul 20, 2010 6:55 pm

i have had that same problem with one of mine the last two weeks. I will have to try changing the batteries and see if that helps.

Bowtech43
3 point
3 point

Post by Bowtech43 » Wed Jul 21, 2010 1:09 am

Yeah, the problem is that it goes into "sleep" mode to conserve battery, then doesn't wake up when an animal walks by. I may have to take it back to Cabelas, but beforehand I'll try changing the settings around and also the batteries.

firefighterbraun
3 point
3 point

Post by firefighterbraun » Wed Jul 21, 2010 7:00 am

I got the same camera that you got but I haven't had the problem that you are talking about so not sure what to tell you. I'm loving the Moultrie camera though. My buddy ending up getting one and trading his Bushnell in cause he was having lots of problems with his. Hope you keep getting some pics up. I still need to get some of my pics up here. Best of luck this year!

numbnutz
2 point
2 point

Post by numbnutz » Wed Jul 21, 2010 10:55 am

I too have that same cam, i havent had that problem its worked very well up till the batteries die. dont know what to tell ya, hope you get it figured out, great pics so far.
lifes short, Hunt hard!!