Cuddeback piece O'crap

Dedicated to Trail Cam's
pram-z
Spike
Spike

Cuddeback piece O'crap

Post by pram-z » Tue Nov 23, 2010 9:54 am

Well I've been fighting with my Cuddeback Capture IR for over a year now, sent it back for repairs and it came back no better, super low battery life ( less than 2 weeks ) and not all that great of pictures. Of course it is now off warranty, so they said if I send them the camera and $125.00, they will send me a new camera, which means my new Cuddeback will now have cost me only $375.00, heck of a deal. I told them I would send them the camera and they could send ME $125.00 and I would go buy a Primos 35 like my son has,for only $90.00, seems like one heck of a nice camera. Cuddeback said NO, never saw that one comin'. So the moral of the story, high priced cameras maybe aren't the best cameras. Buyer beware.

Tonoonyi
3 point
3 point

Re: Cuddeback piece O'crap

Post by Tonoonyi » Tue Nov 23, 2010 8:46 pm

My avatar is taken with my Stealthcam and I have the same problem with it. I can't even keep one of the big 12 volt battery backups from going dead in a couple of weeks. I finally just gave up on it and don't use it much.

My Reconyx on the other hand will go several months and several thousand pictures on one set of 6 C cell battery's.
Keep your nose in the wind and your eyes along the skyline.

scott63
Fawn
Fawn

Post by scott63 » Sat Nov 27, 2010 4:49 pm

If you can use a soldering iron you may want to consider making your own. At least then when they break you can fix them yourself. You'll have to register an account, but the time is a small price for the treasure trove of info........Scott

http://www.hagshouse.com/forums/index.php?

Tyewire
2 point
2 point

Post by Tyewire » Sun Nov 28, 2010 5:31 pm

I have a Cuddeback Expert and have had good luck. Sounds like you got sold a lemon to me. It is sad when a company will not stand behind there product. :>/ Sorry for your bad luck.

Oh, and I have a Bushnell Trophy cam and it works great! 8 double A batteries going on 11 months now in the woods 24/7. Good luck!!
I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. Philippians 4:13