Lost first cam today

Dedicated to Trail Cam's
nuttinbutchunks
2 point
2 point

Re: Lost first cam today

Post by nuttinbutchunks » Mon Aug 01, 2011 8:22 pm

SHANE(WA) wrote:I find it funny that no one has mentioned "bear" ? i have had many cameras busted off trees by bears and a couple taken by bears
I did find clean plastic where the lock went through. I doubt a bear could have done such a clean job. However, I have pics of a bear at that location. lol
You can stand me up at the gates of Elko and I won't back down!

halibutaddict
Spike
Spike

Post by halibutaddict » Mon Aug 01, 2011 8:46 pm

Maybe they think its suxs that they cant take a hike without someones game cam taking pics?If you leave them out they will get stolen/destroyed,if you dont want this to happen dont leave them out on public property.They are illegal here after the hunting season starts and Im in favor of the new law,if I find one out after the seasons start your going to be talking to a game warden if you want it back.

nuttinbutchunks
2 point
2 point

Post by nuttinbutchunks » Tue Aug 02, 2011 8:41 pm

halibutaddict wrote:Maybe they think its suxs that they cant take a hike without someones game cam taking pics?If you leave them out they will get stolen/destroyed,if you dont want this to happen dont leave them out on public property.They are illegal here after the hunting season starts and Im in favor of the new law,if I find one out after the seasons start your going to be talking to a game warden if you want it back.
First, I try to put them where there is no human traffic, and I know if I don't, I'm taking chances. It's too bad people will take license to screw with something that doesn't belong to them. I hate when I get pics of people. It a waste of battery.
You can stand me up at the gates of Elko and I won't back down!

SHANE(WA)
Spike
Spike

Post by SHANE(WA) » Tue Aug 02, 2011 11:29 pm

So with that mentality... the next time YOU set up camp on public or natl forest and you leave it unattended... it would be okay for someone just to use it? same logic dude... its not your camera..u didnt buy it the tree just didnt grow it...somebody had to buy it with there hard earned money for some tool bag to take it

Mularcher
4 point
4 point

Post by Mularcher » Wed Aug 03, 2011 1:32 pm

SHANE(WA) wrote:So with that mentality... the next time YOU set up camp on public or natl forest and you leave it unattended... it would be okay for someone just to use it? same logic dude... its not your camera..u didnt buy it the tree just didnt grow it...somebody had to buy it with there hard earned money for some tool bag to take it

Well Said.
“If you are not working to protect hunting, then you are working to destroy it.” Fred Bear

halibutaddict
Spike
Spike

Post by halibutaddict » Wed Aug 03, 2011 8:40 pm

I dont leave anything of value unattended on public land,if you do dont act shocked when it gets stolen/destroyed because you know it can and does happen. =;

magnum72576
Fawn
Fawn

Post by magnum72576 » Sat Sep 10, 2011 9:51 pm

One solution is to place a second camera high in a tree looking at the first cam. Then hopefully you will get some pictures of the thief. The satisfacton of catching the mutts is worth the price of the second camera. I would probably just use a bad camera as the "bait".

Tony

waspocrew
4 point
4 point

Post by waspocrew » Mon Sep 12, 2011 12:02 pm

magnum72576 wrote:One solution is to place a second camera high in a tree looking at the first cam. Then hopefully you will get some pictures of the thief. The satisfacton of catching the mutts is worth the price of the second camera. I would probably just use a bad camera as the "bait".

Tony
I like that thinking haha. Although I don't have that kind of money!

derekp1999
4 point
4 point

Post by derekp1999 » Mon Sep 12, 2011 3:54 pm

I checked a camera last weekend and found that it had been messed with. The guy saw one camera and pointed it at the tree tops, but didn't see the second a couple hundred yards down the same trail :-$ . I count myself VERY lucky, and I got it the heck off that tree. I take some responsibility for it because it was hard to miss, but I figured that since it is private land I wouldn't have a problem... wrong! I'll be considerably more selective with my placement next year.
Got some great pics of him, some nearby land owners recognize him... and I'll have no problem "chatting" with him about it.
“The consequences of our actions are always so complicated, so diverse, that predicting the future is a very difficult business indeed.”
-Albus Dumbledore

M.Bird
3 point
3 point

Post by M.Bird » Mon Sep 12, 2011 9:12 pm

sorry to hear of your loss, to many people don't care about others people property any more.