Lost first cam today

Dedicated to Trail Cam's
nuttinbutchunks
2 point
2 point

Lost first cam today

Post by nuttinbutchunks » Sat Jul 09, 2011 7:47 pm

We were game camming today, making the rounds and where our favorite spot is, we found the lock and cable still locked to the tree, but no camara. They had busted the plastic housing where the lock goes through, and it was gone. I haven't lost one untill today, and it had to have taken some effort to break that plastic. May they rot in burn after the fleas of a thousand dogs infest their arm pits :333
You can stand me up at the gates of Elko and I won't back down!

TheGreatwhitehunter

Re: Lost first cam today

Post by TheGreatwhitehunter » Sat Jul 09, 2011 8:04 pm

Sorry to hear of the theft of your camera, unfortunately that is the risk of leaving them in the woods. I have had more then a few tree stands stolen on private land no less.
THE LORD IS MY ROCK

MuleyMadness
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by MuleyMadness » Sat Jul 09, 2011 8:13 pm

Sorry man, tis bummer. I've never lost one thankfully.

one hunting fool
Monster
Monster

Post by one hunting fool » Sun Jul 10, 2011 10:53 am

had my first and only camera stolen last year during the rifle hunt. it made it through September to October without any problem then i moved it to a new area and got it stolen a few days later. i tell you there are some scum in the woods and i do not mean just the kind on the pond...
Genesis 27:3
Now take your hunting equipment, your quiver and bow, and go out into the open country and hunt some wild game for me.

Mularcher
4 point
4 point

Post by Mularcher » Sun Jul 10, 2011 3:20 pm

Sorry to hear that, I use a lock but I also burn my name and phone number on the front plastic with a soldering iron. Then I add a note on the side that reads "If you would like pictures from this camera or any of the other cameras in the area please call" I hope they think twice, No one has ever called but I haven't lost a camera yet ether.
“If you are not working to protect hunting, then you are working to destroy it.” Fred Bear

nuttinbutchunks
2 point
2 point

Post by nuttinbutchunks » Sun Jul 10, 2011 5:39 pm

I like the idea of marking my cam with an electric pencil. Or put some type of note saying "This camara has a GPS tracker. Any atempts to steal this device will result in the arrest of the culprit". Total BS, but it may deter any thefts.

NVhunter
Spike
Spike

Post by NVhunter » Mon Jul 11, 2011 12:36 pm

We had one of our Bushnells stolen last year. We had a metal case around it with a lock on the case and a metal cable wrapped around the tree and the camera. The POS shot the cable off with a hand gun and then used plyers to pry open the box and stole the camera.
"Elk don't know how many feet a horse has!" - Bear Claw

nuttinbutchunks
2 point
2 point

Post by nuttinbutchunks » Mon Jul 11, 2011 7:15 pm

NVhunter wrote:We had one of our Bushnells stolen last year. We had a metal case around it with a lock on the case and a metal cable wrapped around the tree and the camera. The POS shot the cable off with a hand gun and then used plyers to pry open the box and stole the camera.
Wow! Must have wanted it bad! What comes around goes around, I always say.

JimmyB
Spike
Spike

Post by JimmyB » Tue Jul 12, 2011 3:43 am

All these stories are makin me nervous to go buy my first trail cam! I found a trail cam last year that had come off the tree somehow so I grabbed some small rope out of my bag and secured it back to the tree! I just can't believe that a fellow outdoorsman would steal someones trail cam!
Shooter McGavin

spoofman
Spike
Spike

Post by spoofman » Tue Jul 12, 2011 6:47 am

i have a lots of things stolen out of the bed of my truck hunting. There are some ignorant people. I had a bunch of decoys stole from my duck boat at the parking area once while i walked down a dike, gone 30 mins to come back and see my decoys gone and some other stuff. Lots of cars there to and people walking around. Wished I would have caught the culprit. It just aint right. Earn your own money and buy the stuff. Respect others goods. ](*,)