Stolen Camera - Would Like to speak with the Person

Dedicated to Trail Cam's
UTEXAN
Fawn
Fawn

Stolen Camera - Would Like to speak with the Person

Post by UTEXAN » Mon Aug 08, 2011 12:12 pm

If anyone out there knows this person, I would like to speak with them about a stolen camera. Please note, that I am not accusing them of stealing the camera, but would like to speak with them.
Attachments
BM Spring.jpg
BM Spring.jpg (48.24 KiB) Viewed 8061 times

SKEETER
Fawn
Fawn

Re: Stolen Camera - Would Like to speak with the Person

Post by SKEETER » Mon Aug 08, 2011 2:27 pm

That bites. I went up yesturday to find both my cameras were gone as well. Hiked in to find no cameras and just a thought of oh well guess someone needed it more then me (I was mad). My fault for putting them out and trusting people. Found a hound that was wounded and had all the gps attached and collars. Took real care of the wounded dog and notified the owner. Guess I should have kept it since it was in the hills with no owner around. Man what a bunch of jerks.

UTEXAN
Fawn
Fawn

Post by UTEXAN » Mon Aug 08, 2011 4:21 pm

Yes it does. The really sad thing is that I belive it's other "Sportsman" that it doing the thieving. It really makes me sick to think about. I have hikers and bikers walk up to other cams, look and walk away. I had this setup over a water hole and probably ticked off the guy that "owns" it on public land...

BTW, good on for doing the right thing with the dog.

MuleyMadness
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by MuleyMadness » Mon Aug 08, 2011 5:26 pm

The really sad thing is that I belive it's other "Sportsman" that it doing the thieving.
Pretty much guarantee it is, pretty pathetic IMO. Sorry about your loss.

Mularcher
4 point
4 point

Post by Mularcher » Tue Aug 09, 2011 12:24 am

SKEETER wrote:That bites. I went up yesturday to find both my cameras were gone as well. Hiked in to find no cameras and just a thought of oh well guess someone needed it more then me (I was mad). My fault for putting them out and trusting people. Found a hound that was wounded and had all the gps attached and collars. Took real care of the wounded dog and notified the owner. Guess I should have kept it since it was in the hills with no owner around. Man what a bunch of jerks.

That really stinks.... Two camera's gone? I would be really bummed.
“If you are not working to protect hunting, then you are working to destroy it.” Fred Bear

TheGreatwhitehunter

Post by TheGreatwhitehunter » Wed Aug 10, 2011 5:40 am

Just curious if your cameras were secured with cable locks or not, I to have lost items do to thieves.
THE LORD IS MY ROCK

UTEXAN
Fawn
Fawn

Post by UTEXAN » Wed Aug 10, 2011 11:49 am

GWH, I did not have it locked-down with anything, but had it labeled with a speacial sticker to deter people from taking them. It's worked for the last 3 years, but I guess it didn't bother this guy.

I will say that who ever he was, it took some gall, do to the verbiage on the labels.

cachemoney
Fawn
Fawn

Post by cachemoney » Fri Aug 12, 2011 10:18 am

I was at a bow shop the other day and the owner told me that the new law is that trail cams can only be up one week before the hunt and that the DWR was confiscating them! He told me that if I had some out to put them atleast 10 ft high to avoid from being seen. Don't know if that helps, but I wonder if "stolen" ones are being confiscated, which is still "stolen" in my book.

cachemoney
Fawn
Fawn

Post by cachemoney » Fri Aug 12, 2011 10:26 am

I found this on the DWR site: wildlife.utah.gov/wr/0709trailcams/0709trailcams.pdf

Follow the rules
Before setting up a trail camera, please remember the following:
Trail cameras are not allowed in areas that are • designated as wilderness areas.
Before setting a camera up on an area managed • by the U.S. Forest Service or the Bureau of Land Management, you may be required to obtain a permit.
Please contact the nearest U.S. Forest Service or BLM office to learn the rules for the area you’re interested in placing your camera on.