2011... That was a fun year.

Dedicated to Trail Cam's
derekp1999
4 point
4 point

2011... That was a fun year.

Post by derekp1999 » Mon Nov 14, 2011 3:42 pm

I was sitting in front of my computer running through the several hundred trail cam pics I got from this last year and started laughing when I found a picture that got snuck in the folder.
DSC05232-1.jpg
You could call it brave, or stupid... probably both. But this is what I looked like as I headed up the mountain from the back door of the cabin to place my cameras for the first time in June. That's my 4 year old hiking behind me & 1 year old balancing out the pack, which worked out great until the pack was empty then I really had a tough time balancing. It was the only way my wife would let me go
My son had a blast picking up twigs and throwing rocks, the brush hadn't started to grow yet so he just walked right up the mountain. He said that he loved hiking and started calling his Spiderman shoes his "hunting boots." I took him again in July to check the cameras but the brush was taller than he was so I ended up carrying him on my shoulders the whole way. He said that he didn't like hiking anymore.
“The consequences of our actions are always so complicated, so diverse, that predicting the future is a very difficult business indeed.”
-Albus Dumbledore

dahlmer
Monster
Monster

Re: 2011... That was a fun year.

Post by dahlmer » Mon Nov 14, 2011 4:12 pm

Kids are great! My 6 year old son has been begging me to kill something to put on his bedroom wall.

waspocrew
4 point
4 point

Re: 2011... That was a fun year.

Post by waspocrew » Thu Dec 01, 2011 4:35 pm

That looks like a blast! My brother in law (only 7 yrs old) keeps asking if he can go deer hunting with me sometime.