Beras,Bulls, Bucks......and cows

Dedicated to Trail Cam's
UTEXAN
Fawn
Fawn

Beras,Bulls, Bucks......and cows

Post by UTEXAN » Sat Jun 27, 2009 9:01 pm

Just when things were starting to heat up they moved the cows in....Well it is public land so I guess i can't be to upset. Needless to say I had to move this camera to a diffrent location because I was getting way too many photos of the cows.

I'm curious to know if you guys and gals think that it's two seperate bears. I belive it is. Also, do you think the cows move elk out of an area. I have several deer pics in between cow pics but no elk.
Attachments
Young Bull.JPG
Young Bull.JPG (86.43 KiB) Viewed 5594 times
young bull moose.JPG
young bull moose.JPG (86.04 KiB) Viewed 5594 times
bucks.jpg
bucks.jpg (70.16 KiB) Viewed 5594 times
brown.jpg
brown.jpg (68.59 KiB) Viewed 5594 times
black bear 2.jpg
black bear 2.jpg (78.67 KiB) Viewed 5594 times
black bear 1.jpg
black bear 1.jpg (68.18 KiB) Viewed 5594 times

UTEXAN
Fawn
Fawn

Re: Beras,Bulls, Bucks......and cows

Post by UTEXAN » Sat Jun 27, 2009 9:04 pm

I guess it would be helpful if I used spell check....

sneekeepete
Monster
Monster

Post by sneekeepete » Mon Jun 29, 2009 6:00 am

lol spell check is a great tool! As far as your question about cattle pushing elk out of an area I think it depends on the number of cattle in the area. I used to work for the cattlemen's association at home and was on the mountain ranges all summer long tending cattle and mending fences. When the large herds of cattle were moved in it seemed like the elk would just move in front of them and graze. If there were just little bunches of cattle around sometimes you would see elk and cattle in the same meadows feeding. That is just my experience with it.
SNEEKEEPETE
OIF Vet.
Sgt Petersen USMC
Colossians 1:27,28

AntlersOutWest
4 point
4 point

Post by AntlersOutWest » Mon Jun 29, 2009 8:09 am

Great pictures! Thats blonde bear is good lookin.
Ive had the same problem with the cows moving in.. It doesnt seem to bother the bucks tho..

MuleyMadness
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by MuleyMadness » Mon Jun 29, 2009 8:57 am

Looks like possibly different bears, tough to tell though. Good question on the cows/elk, not sure I have a good answer but I think it could go either way but tend to think the Elk would stay around.

canyonhunter
Spike
Spike

Post by canyonhunter » Mon Jun 29, 2009 11:56 am

I'm pretty sure they are the same bear cause both pics. were taken at 8:11 am on the same day.

CodeRED
3 point
3 point

Post by CodeRED » Mon Jun 29, 2009 12:49 pm

Hard to tell on the Bears... One pic looks Blonde or Chocolate and the other 2 pics look like a Black one. BUT one pic was taken @ 8 in the afternoon when it was 68°, the other 2 pics we're taken @ 8 in the morning when it was 40° and 4 days later. If we could only see the face on the "chocolate" bear, maybe a different colored blaze on their snouts would help more here. I agree with everyone here on this though, those are some NICE looking shots and it looks like you've got a very good area for wildlife!! As for the cows moving them out, I've never known Elk to compete with them much other than for food. I think that who ever put the Cows there would probably be more likely to move the Elk out of the area because they'd be spooked. Well, that or the food source they're all grazing on.
"Mathews DXT @ 62lbs, G5 Optix XR, Shaffer rest, Fuse Carbon Connexion stabilizer and G5 Montec CS's in front of GoldTip Prohunter 5575's = More meat in my Freezer"
-Cody-

UTEXAN
Fawn
Fawn

Re: Bears,Bulls, Bucks......and cows

Post by UTEXAN » Mon Jun 29, 2009 5:19 pm

I appreciate all the input. I talked to the rancher and there are a total of 134 head in the canyon. There area is quite large so I think they will graze the area down they're in now and move on. With any luck they wildlife will not leave the area and return to their "normal" habits.

Bowtech43
3 point
3 point

Post by Bowtech43 » Tue Jun 30, 2009 1:45 pm

Nice photos. It seems to me that you have two bears there!
Nothing like the great outdoors! :)