Stolen game cam

Dedicated to Trail Cam's
AntlersOutWest
4 point
4 point

Stolen game cam

Post by AntlersOutWest » Wed Jul 01, 2009 10:10 pm

Last year after my limited entry elk hunt our curiosity got the best of us and we wanted to see what else is lurking in the thick pines this year..
Hoping to catch a glimpse of the monster bulls growing this summer.
I couldn't even express our excitement driving up the road to go check my game cams this afternoon. We set them up on the Wasatch unit last week... In the middle of no where on a packed elk trail.
The total disappointment and anger I had when I came down the trail and the camera was gone.. The only thing left behind was a set of horse tracks..
In the past 8 years I have never had any problems with dishonest people and my game cams until now.
I am literally sick to my stomach and wishing I could have 5 min with the person that stole my cam.. You would have 2 black eyes and wouldn't be able to walk for a week or make it two weeks.. I may be a short fat blue eyes sissy girl but you would have another thing comin..
Why couldn't you of stole the cam that wasn't working for burn sakes.. or at least let me see the pictures before you stole it.. The camera is replaceable but its the fact of not respecting other peoples property is whats gets me riled up..

I know its a long shot but my camera is a black stealth cam with my name and phone number engraved in the back.. Word will get around and if you hear of anyone bragging about it please let me know..
It has to be someone local.. Either in the Tabby, Kamas, Heber area
Id just like to tell them what a scum bag they really are..
Thanks, Carrie
Antlersoutwest@yahoo.com
There I said it.. and im not ashamed

Hey at least the rest of the day was somewhat enjoyable
seen cows and calves a cow moose and chased a porcupine which ended in a tumble down the hill.. And got held up under a pine for a while as the thunder storm rolled by..
Couldnt get much better than that tho..

MuleyMadness
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Stolen game cam

Post by MuleyMadness » Wed Jul 01, 2009 10:37 pm

Sorry about the CAM, that sucks. Don't blame you venting.

Cool pics, I like the rain ones. Very green for sure, amazing.

numbnutz
2 point
2 point

Post by numbnutz » Thu Jul 02, 2009 12:07 am

That sux about your cam :>/ , I wish people would just leave other peoples stuff alone. other than the cam being stolen looks like you had a good day
lifes short, Hunt hard!!

CodeRED
3 point
3 point

Post by CodeRED » Thu Jul 02, 2009 12:40 am

What a bunch of jerks... I really despise thieves.
"Mathews DXT @ 62lbs, G5 Optix XR, Shaffer rest, Fuse Carbon Connexion stabilizer and G5 Montec CS's in front of GoldTip Prohunter 5575's = More meat in my Freezer"
-Cody-

NotEnufTags
Monster
Monster

Post by NotEnufTags » Thu Jul 02, 2009 10:57 am

Sorry some jerk took your trail cam. Too bad the second cam was working with a bunch of close ups of the jerk.
"Some day I'll scout out a monster, spot him while hunting, make the stalk of a lifetime, and have dreams come true. 'Til then I'll be happy with the buck in my cross-hairs."

Bowtech43
3 point
3 point

Post by Bowtech43 » Sat Jul 04, 2009 11:42 am

AntlersOutWest wrote:I am literally sick to my stomach and wishing I could have 5 min with the person that stole my cam.. You would have 2 black eyes and wouldn't be able to walk for a week or make it two weeks.. I may be a short fat blue eyes sissy girl but you would have another thing comin..
I'm feeling your pain...

Two years ago I packed a ground blind in about 2 miles and 1200 ft up. Set it up and hunted in it all morning. About 11am I had two hunters come into sight, look at me and then leave. I got out of my blind about noon, collapsed my blind, and found a good hiding spot under a thick pine to hide it in and then hiked higher up the mountain. I didn't make it back to my blind until about a week later, walked right up to the tree it should have been under with the GPS but there was nothing there. The only way someone could have know where it was is if they watched me put it there. It disgusted me to think that someone would watch you hide your property and then come and take it. Where's the intergity? Didn't your mama teach you anything?

:lame
Nothing like the great outdoors! :)

Tree Killer
2 point
2 point

Post by Tree Killer » Sun Jul 05, 2009 3:12 pm

Just reading your post got my blood boiling, because I've had 2 trailcams stolen. One I had on an elk wallow, and 3 bowhunters found it and decided to steal it? :>/ The couldn't use it with my password in it, so it sat on a shelf for 5 months. Word got around and a friend of a friend got it back for me, including the memory card with the photos of the thieves on it!!! #-o

Sorry to about your Tcam, was looking forward to seeing your pics!
"stickbows, putting the arch back in archery"

"if you rattle, they will come"

nuttinbutchunks
2 point
2 point

Post by nuttinbutchunks » Sun Jul 05, 2009 6:02 pm

I've always chained my cam to trees, but now I make lighter cables and lock them up. I haven't lost one yet, but I do have a pic of a guy seeing how it was chained to the tree and if he could lift it. ](*,)
You can stand me up at the gates of Elko and I won't back down!

AntlersOutWest
4 point
4 point

Post by AntlersOutWest » Sun Jul 05, 2009 10:14 pm

Thanks for all your posts. After that night after I posted this I thought about deleating it for maybe I was just whinning and didnt want to complain but it just burns my butt that people cannot respect anyones property. I just dont want it to happen to anyone else
Ive had a few calls from guys saying they had the same happen and gave me some really good pointers on what they do to keep their cams safe. I really appriciated it.
I also had a call yesterday after he seen a add on ksl about a tree cam that was found. It wasnt mine, But if you know of anyone else that is missing one I can give you his number.
That was really nice of him remembering my situtation and tryin to help out Thanks again :thumb Too bad there are not more honest good hearted people out there.

Was just thinking.. Do any of you have pictures of what you use to protect your cams.. It may help protect others out there..

"Tree Killer- was looking forward to seeing your pics! " yea me too! Heres a few from the other cam. its going to be a while before I get my other back up. :>/

Just a little feller..

a_bow_nut

Post by a_bow_nut » Sun Jul 05, 2009 11:05 pm

One time when I went in to get my camera it was gone also. I was standing there getting mad when I saw it laying in the bottom of the draw about ten yards down from where I had set it. After looking at the pictures it looked like a bull elk got it off the tree and they used it for a game of soccer for a couple of days till I came in and found it. I was impressed that it stood up to their hooves walking on it but it still worked great.

I hope that you camera turns up soon and that the punk that tookit get the proper reward for taking it.
Live to hunt, hunt to live.

Don't argue with an idiot; people watching may not be able to tell
the difference.