Snow and the trailcam

Dedicated to Trail Cam's
pram-z
Spike
Spike

Snow and the trailcam

Post by pram-z » Thu Dec 03, 2009 6:19 pm

I've just recently purchased my first trailcam, a Cuddyback Capture, and am curious if snow will trigger it ?. Any other tips or hints would be great. Thanks guys, if I can figure out how to post some pictures, I might post my homemade anti-theft device. I think it would be easier to cut down the tree than steal this camera, it's a beast to carry, but worth the effort. Thanks again.

MuleyMadness
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Snow and the trailcam

Post by MuleyMadness » Thu Dec 03, 2009 7:12 pm

I have had snow trigger mine before, so it can happen. Not sure on your model?

AntlersOutWest
4 point
4 point

Post by AntlersOutWest » Tue Dec 08, 2009 1:44 pm

Yes it does. Ive had mine take pictures of snow falling quite a few times.
You will always have shadows set the camera off also. Try not to face the cam towards the sun or moon either

Tree Killer
2 point
2 point

Post by Tree Killer » Sun Jan 03, 2010 1:18 pm

pram-z wrote:I've just recently purchased my first trailcam, a Cuddyback Capture, and am curious if snow will trigger it ?. Any other tips or hints would be great. Thanks guys, if I can figure out how to post some pictures, I might post my homemade anti-theft device. I think it would be easier to cut down the tree than steal this camera, it's a beast to carry, but worth the effort. Thanks again.
I've never has falling snow set off my Capture, or any of my Cuddeback's for that matter. Get alot of snow and wind up here in the Cascades and so far the elements haven't triggered any false alarms.
"stickbows, putting the arch back in archery"

"if you rattle, they will come"