Book cliffs turkey pics

Dedicated to Trail Cam's
UvUBowhunter
Spike
Spike

Book cliffs turkey pics

Post by UvUBowhunter » Sat Dec 19, 2009 6:03 pm

Some turkeys in the book cliffs last year.

Nevadahunter
4 point
4 point

Re: Book cliffs turkey pics

Post by Nevadahunter » Sat Dec 19, 2009 10:30 pm

Nice, I think they are trying to hide from something, haha
If God Had Intended For Us To Be Vegitarians, Why Did He Make Animals With Meat?
Unless You Haven't Heard..I'm a Pretty Big Deal Around Here.

Springville Shooter
Monster
Monster

Post by Springville Shooter » Sun Dec 20, 2009 2:09 pm

Cool pic, I've shot turkeys that close before and it's a hair raising experience. Just a quick question for all of you out there. Has anyone ever knocked a turkey stone cold dead? I have shot dozens, some heads clean off, and they always flop all over the place. What's up with that?-----shooter
Last edited by Springville Shooter on Sun Dec 20, 2009 2:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Only accurate rifles are interesting"-----Col. Townsend Whelen

bc.pse
2 point
2 point

Post by bc.pse » Sun Dec 20, 2009 2:51 pm

Springville Shooter wrote:Coole pic, I've shot turkeys that close before and it's a hair raising experience. Just a quick question for all of you out there. Has anyone ever knocked a turkey stone cold dead? I have shot dozens, some heads clean off, and they always flop all over the place. What's up with that?-----shooter
I think the flopping thing is Reflex, but I was watching on Youtube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dMALbjYn ... re=related) and some of them don't flop as much but they still do a little?
"I'm a Backwoods Boy! I grew up on a Dirt Road!"-Josh Turner

Springville Shooter
Monster
Monster

Post by Springville Shooter » Sun Dec 20, 2009 3:00 pm

That's a cool vid, I've seen bow and shotgun hunters knock em stiff on TV, but in all my years I never have. I shot a Jake at about 6yds right in the head with a 3in load of copper plated #6 shot. The pattern was so tight that it completely decapitated him and he flopped all over the place and sprayed blood everywhere. I just think it's funny that I can knock a big mulie stiff almost every time with a bullet that is tiny in comparison to the size of the animal, yet a 2oz load of lead won't do it to a turkey. I've shot them with a bow as well and still, major floppage. Maybe the tom turkey is the toughest animal pound for pound. They are the only animal that has ever drawn blood on me.-------shooter

a_bow_nut

Post by a_bow_nut » Sun Dec 20, 2009 11:51 pm

If you start shooting deer in the head you will start to see them doing the kickin chicken also.
Live to hunt, hunt to live.

Don't argue with an idiot; people watching may not be able to tell
the difference.

bc.pse
2 point
2 point

Post by bc.pse » Thu Dec 24, 2009 3:08 pm

a_bow_nut wrote:If you start shooting deer in the head you will start to see them doing the kickin chicken also.
haha I've never thought of it that way! but its true!
"I'm a Backwoods Boy! I grew up on a Dirt Road!"-Josh Turner

Springville Shooter
Monster
Monster

Post by Springville Shooter » Thu Dec 24, 2009 4:36 pm

Interesting thought, have to try that theory out on the next antlerless tag I get. I've never been a head shooter on game, but I did work at a butcher shop when I was in high school and I've shot countless steers and pigs in the head. Another wierd thing. Steers always drop stiff, pigs always flop like a turkey with the same .22 to the brain. HMMMMM pork and turkey are both white meat. I wonder if there is a connection?------shooter