Winter fishing

Fishing, Sunsets, Outdoors, Birds, etc.
Eastern NM hunter
Spike
Spike

Post by Eastern NM hunter » Tue Nov 14, 2006 1:33 pm

My bad Mark. I only saw the first couple pictures, with the snow, but none the less, my apologies for not seeing all the pictures before mouthing off. Those are some awesome fish, may be someday I'll have some pictures to share with you, but they don't get nearly that big in the streams I fish in Northern NM. The biggest I've landed out of these streams is between 16-19", basically bait for the big boys you've landed....Eastern NM hunter

Mark
3 point
3 point

Post by Mark » Tue Nov 14, 2006 8:33 pm

Eastern NM hunter wrote:My bad Mark. I only saw the first couple pictures, with the snow, but none the less, my apologies for not seeing all the pictures before mouthing off. Those are some awesome fish, may be someday I'll have some pictures to share with you, but they don't get nearly that big in the streams I fish in Northern NM. The biggest I've landed out of these streams is between 16-19", basically bait for the big boys you've landed....Eastern NM hunter
No harm done. There are only a half dozen lakes around here (2 to 3 hr drive) that hold good numbers of larger browns. And they only seem to be really active when the weather is nasty. Really nasty!

A guy from our group slid off the iced over road yesterday on hisa way in. He was pulled out a couple hours later, then he went on to the lake to fish. It's a challenge to get in, but the rewards are good... sometimes.
Hoyt

killerbee

Post by killerbee » Wed Nov 15, 2006 9:17 pm

are they from the salmon group? they have to come from alaska to be that frikin huge!! nice fish.. =D>