What's In A Name?

Fishing, Sunsets, Outdoors, Birds, etc.
9er
Monster
Monster

Re: What's In A Name?

Post by 9er » Wed Jan 21, 2009 12:25 am

StickFlicker wrote:Thanks guys. I found a software that can help me do them, but you have to draw everything (even letters) by hand with the mouse. Once you "create" it, then you get to see how good a job you did, but you're done at that point. You can't go back and make any changes, you just have to start over if you don't like the way it came out. Here was my first attempt at an actual object, rather than just lettering. It's considerably more difficult, at least for me. See if you can tell what this one is.

got that one, very nice!!!!

thanks for sharing

9er
Watch your top knot!

killerbee

Post by killerbee » Wed Jan 21, 2009 8:43 am

ah , i hate this post................ i've been trying for hrs and all i see is a bunch of friekin nothing :>/ ](*,) just kiding , but i still cant see a thing (???)

kinzysdad
3 point
3 point

Post by kinzysdad » Wed Jan 21, 2009 8:45 am

killerbee wrote:ah , i hate this post................ i've been trying for hrs and all i see is a bunch of friekin nothing :>/ ](*,) just kiding , but i still cant see a thing (???)
What he said. ](*,) ](*,)
when the crow dips, you have luck sometimes maybe.

camodup
3 point
3 point

Post by camodup » Wed Jan 21, 2009 11:06 am

This is great. i still cant see what it is but ive been trying for a few hours now! i keep coming back and trying to figure out what both of them are lol
thedailyhuntandfish.com

Pro Staff for Northern Utah Waterfowl
Duck Junkies Field Staff

Wild Antlers
2 point
2 point

Post by Wild Antlers » Wed Jan 21, 2009 1:14 pm

Pretty cool :thumb
WILD ANTLERS

StickFlicker
3 point
3 point

Post by StickFlicker » Wed Jan 21, 2009 2:02 pm

For those of you having trouble, once you can do it you will always be able to do it, it just involves teaching your eyes to focus differently. There are three basic ways of looking at 3D pictures with both eyes...

Normally, if you look at or read something on the computer monitor, you aim your eyes directly at the surface of the monitor. You may already have mastered this technique (have you had a lot of practice?!). If you use normal regular ol' viewing to look at 3D images, nothing will pop out. You won't see 3D!

With the parallel viewing method , the lines of sight of your eyes move outward toward parallel and meet in the distance at a point well behind and beyond the image. That's why it's called parallel viewing. When you parallel-view, the muscles inside your eye that control the focusing lens relax and lengthen. This is what I use, you are relaxing your eyes and trying to see something that you imagine to be several inches behind your monitor.

Another method for 3D viewing is called cross-viewing or the cross-eyed method. You aim your eyes so that the lines of sight of your eyes cross in front of the image. When you cross-view, the muscles inside your eye that control the focusing lens contract strongly and shorten.
Official Pope & Young, Boone & Crockett & Longhunter Society Measurer,
Records Chairman, Bowhunting In Arizona Record Book

one hunting fool
Monster
Monster

Post by one hunting fool » Wed Jan 21, 2009 3:53 pm

Awesome first attempt! are there other patterns for backgraound you can use or is it just the one? I use to have a few of these back in the early 90's . they had all kinds of diffent collors.
Genesis 27:3
Now take your hunting equipment, your quiver and bow, and go out into the open country and hunt some wild game for me.

StickFlicker
3 point
3 point

Post by StickFlicker » Wed Jan 21, 2009 8:24 pm

I can choose the color pallet but have not conquered making very complicated things. I'm not sure if I just haven't figured it out, or if the program isn't capable of much more. I have seen some a little more advanced than mine, so I think it can do more, I just have to figure it out.
Official Pope & Young, Boone & Crockett & Longhunter Society Measurer,
Records Chairman, Bowhunting In Arizona Record Book

*ShedPredator*
2 point
2 point

Post by *ShedPredator* » Thu Jan 22, 2009 2:07 pm

Haleluja and thanks SlickFlicker, after i read your post i tried those three methods and the only one that i got to work for me was the cross eyed method ha but that's a sweet program and in your spare time you should get some more up for us!
"to small keep drivin..."

one hunting fool
Monster
Monster

Post by one hunting fool » Thu Jan 22, 2009 5:29 pm

Shed did you get my clue i left for ya. after you saw it :-k
Genesis 27:3
Now take your hunting equipment, your quiver and bow, and go out into the open country and hunt some wild game for me.