badlands 2200 backpack

Optics, cameras, tents, boots, binoculars, spotting scopes & other gear.
grenda
Fawn
Fawn

Re: badlands 2200 backpack

Post by grenda » Mon Aug 16, 2010 11:58 pm

I personally have hunted with both and prefer the 2800. It has two long pockets in the back for your tripod and spotting scope. The compression straps are nice and are attached to the two vertical pockets and once buckeled down you can carry a jacket in there for easy access and they is also plenty of space for a quarter. Unfortuately mine got stolen and i have to save up for a new one. Only downfall was the clip for the waist strap broke partially on me while on a hunt.
-Grenda-
-Big Buck Down!-

steve8410
Spike
Spike

Post by steve8410 » Tue Oct 19, 2010 11:10 am

im also looking at buying the 2200 daypack.....for those of you that have it, does it seem like it's too big to be carrying on your back all day walking? i am pretty set on buying one but a little unsure because if i load that thing up with as much gear as i would like to (i always take too much stuff with, cant help it) im thinking my shoulders are going to be in some serious pain..or does the waist strap truly do its job on this pack and help hold the weight off the shoulders

Top Gun
Spike
Spike

Post by Top Gun » Tue Oct 19, 2010 11:42 pm

steve8410 wrote:im also looking at buying the 2200 daypack.....for those of you that have it, does it seem like it's too big to be carrying on your back all day walking? i am pretty set on buying one but a little unsure because if i load that thing up with as much gear as i would like to (i always take too much stuff with, cant help it) im thinking my shoulders are going to be in some serious pain..or does the waist strap truly do its job on this pack and help hold the weight off the shoulders
I personally don't own a 2200, YET!!! I've been reading reviews for months and have tired one on with weight. The waist strap more than does it's job, I think you'd be more than happy with it.

jayb22
Spike
Spike

Post by jayb22 » Wed Mar 23, 2011 9:00 pm

I have been looking at these packs for a little while now and am undecided if I am going to get a 2200 or if I will get the Eberlestock X2. I think I like the layout of the X2 a little more but haven't yet been able to find one locally to look at. Does anyone have experience with both packs?