Best Maps

Optics, cameras, tents, boots, binoculars, spotting scopes & other gear.
Huntin101
Fawn
Fawn

Re: Best Maps

Post by Huntin101 » Fri Jun 04, 2010 12:08 pm

I have found this website that offers downloadable maps that go onto a GPS. They are awesome! I have bought one for Montana, Wyoming and Utah (New Mexico next if I draw my tag this year, fingers crossed). My Montana map gives me the ability to view Private land boundaries as well as the private land owners names, that is a huge plus! All my other maps allow me to see private land boundaries, state lands, BLM lands, national forrest lands, WMU boundaries, etc. They are so helpful especially being able to view them on my GPS. I believe the website is hutinggpsmaps.com. Take a look at it and see if this is helpful to you. Definately better detailed and more accurate than any regular map I have used. Think there are several states with maps in the Western U.S.

Huntin101
Huntin101

numbnutz
2 point
2 point

Post by numbnutz » Tue Jun 08, 2010 11:01 am

I've been using maps from Bigskymaps.com. They are great maps and very easy to use. they give you land ownership, roads, trails,ect. I have found them in a few stores but i always order online. I also use the nat geo map software for my pc and gps. you can isolate a certain area and have it printed. I just have to push a tab and it links me a web site and upload the area and they print it on water proof paper its pretty cool.
lifes short, Hunt hard!!

oddhntr
Fawn
Fawn

Post by oddhntr » Tue Jun 15, 2010 9:39 pm

+1 to that Huntin101 - Spend less time trying to figure out where you are on your map and more time looking for muleys! GPS ownership maps are a MUST have, but it's still nice to have a good paper map to give you the overall picture

spotnstalk
Fawn
Fawn

Post by spotnstalk » Sat Jun 19, 2010 12:57 pm

I just got nat geo topo maps form natgeo. online.They are good quality and came in the mail in 7 days

Huntin101
Fawn
Fawn

Post by Huntin101 » Mon Jun 28, 2010 11:14 am

I have tried the Nat Geo maps and they are ok, just did not find them as accurate and helpful as huntinggpsmaps. Plus they are delivered to your email and it only took one day to receive mine.
Huntin101