Grunt Calls

Optics, cameras, tents, boots, binoculars, spotting scopes & other gear.
crunch14
2 point
2 point

Grunt Calls

Post by crunch14 » Tue May 11, 2010 5:40 pm

Has anyone tried using grunt calls for Muley's? I applied for a late hunt in northern WA, and if drawn will be hunting somewhere between Nov. 10th and the 20th, right in the rut.

Thanks for any info good or bad.
Just remember they call it hunting not finding. It's all about the stories.
OIF vet 2003 SAPPERS LEAD THE WAY

NWHunter
Fawn
Fawn

Re: Grunt Calls

Post by NWHunter » Wed Aug 04, 2010 1:04 am

I have the same question but would like to know why you use a grunt and when...same thing for rattling. You see it on TV but when hunting open country...does it help?

-Adam

MuleyMadness
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by MuleyMadness » Sat Aug 07, 2010 2:03 pm

It works to stop them, but not all the time of course. But it can be effective method of stopping them while on the move for a shot.

firefighterbraun
3 point
3 point

Post by firefighterbraun » Sun Dec 12, 2010 4:05 pm

MuleyMadness wrote:It works to stop them, but not all the time of course. But it can be effective method of stopping them while on the move for a shot.
I use a Primos call...never go hunting without it. Like you said Brett, it works awesome to stop them most of the time. But can't call them in like whitetails. But without the call I might not have been able to get my buck this year and I love using it.

LCMCREV
Fawn
Fawn

Post by LCMCREV » Wed Dec 22, 2010 8:13 pm

I know hunters here in NM who set up tree stands over water holes in higher elevations and use calls to attract muleys. I've not tried this, but I can tell you something else: I've had more mule deer than bulls come in to my elk cow calls!
"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty." -Thomas Jefferson

medanum6298
Fawn
Fawn

Post by medanum6298 » Thu Apr 07, 2011 1:58 am

MuleyMadness wrote:It works to stop them, but not all the time of course. But it can be effective method of stopping them while on the move for a shot.
I also think so.