Eberlestock J34 vs. J107 Help me choose!!!

Optics, cameras, tents, boots, binoculars, spotting scopes & other gear.
yemtig
Fawn
Fawn

Eberlestock J34 vs. J107 Help me choose!!!

Post by yemtig » Fri Jul 29, 2011 8:29 pm

Hi all, just wanted to see what you hunters like about these two backpacks and curious what you use on your backcountry hunts... I need this for a meat hauler, and to help me setup my muley camp this November and for my elk hunt in October... Really like the options on these packs and have seen them in person at my local store... Really nice, impressive packs... The only slight difference has to be the weight and the J107 has a bit more carrying capacity... I plan on getting the spike duffel to go with either that I purchase so I think that minimizes the carrying capacity... The weight is rather significant, almost 3 lbs of weight between the 2 packs.. I can only attribute that to maybe the J107 has a better suspension which will result in a more comfortable pack once loaded down... I also notice that the J107 has a fanny pack that is removable from the backpack but I really would like to be able to take this as my day pack out of spike camp.. So I am leaning towards the J34, its nice and will suit my needs fine... Any opinions on either of these or any other packs I have missed on my quest? I sometimes have tunnel vision when I find a nice product that fits my needs and just need a little advice from those that like to hunt from way out in the wilderness.... :thumb