Vortex® Nomad 20-60x60 Spotting Scope

Optics, cameras, tents, boots, binoculars, spotting scopes & other gear.
wymuley
Fawn
Fawn

Vortex® Nomad 20-60x60 Spotting Scope

Post by wymuley » Tue Aug 09, 2011 9:32 pm

Just wondering what you guys think of the Vortex® Nomad 20-60x60 Spotting Scope. I have a good buck spotted and thought it might be fun to have a spotting scope. I would like to try to take pictures with it and my digital camera. Hoping you guys might have some opinions on these scopes and whether to get one with an angled or straight lens.

TheGreatwhitehunter

Re: Vortex® Nomad 20-60x60 Spotting Scope

Post by TheGreatwhitehunter » Wed Aug 10, 2011 5:36 am

They are a good spotter for the money and you can not beat their warranty
THE LORD IS MY ROCK

JimmyB
Spike
Spike

Post by JimmyB » Fri Sep 02, 2011 1:06 am

If you haven't gotten one yet, I just picked up the Vortex Skyline 20-60-80 which is a step up from the Nomad and I absolutely love it. Easily best spotting scope for the money IMO. If your still interested in getting one let me know.
Shooter McGavin

dahlmer
Monster
Monster

Post by dahlmer » Fri Sep 02, 2011 10:32 am

The Nomad is a great scope for the money. It is light weight and works really well for backpacking. It's not really usable above 40 - 45 power in low light, but for most other situations it will work well for you. You may find it doesn't provide the clarity you want for digiscoping...I guess it depends on how picky your are. low light could create some real issues for you there. If you want a solid scope at a pretty reasonable price look at the Skyline with HD glass. It's got a bit higher price point but for picture taking you will notice a difference.

As has been mentioned...you have a great warranty to boot. Talk to Chris at VIP optics. He can talk you through any questions you might have.