My Range Finder!

Optics, cameras, tents, boots, binoculars, spotting scopes & other gear.
crossfox
Fawn
Fawn

Post by crossfox » Sat Feb 17, 2007 8:17 pm

BOHNTR wrote:I use the Leica Geovid BRF 10x42-binocular/rangefinder. The best of both worlds , IMO.
I just ditched my Leupold RX-II, it was useless. I am getting some of these as soon as money alows!

[-o< CF

TTUMuley
Fawn
Fawn

Rangefinders

Post by TTUMuley » Sat Mar 31, 2007 10:24 am

I had the oppurtunity to use three different types of rangefinders during a hunt this past season. Nikon 440, Leica 10X42 BRF, and Leopold RXII. The nikon's are nice and light but are limited to 440+- range, Leopold were nice but a little larger than the nikon, the Leica's were wonderfull you have the great bino and then a great range finder that reaches out to 1200 yards all in one. No switching back and forth. Now you just have to come up with the $1,900 to $2,500. I will probably stick to the nikons, I rarely like to shoot past 400 yards, and the nikon's price is respectable.

264MAG
Fawn
Fawn

Post by 264MAG » Tue Apr 10, 2007 2:42 pm

I also have a set of Leica 10x42 range finding binos. Great glass and quick to range. I have a set of Leupold wind river range finding binos but they only come in 8 power. Wanted more. the Leupolds also where slower to give range readings and seemed to eat battries. Had a problem with that set (wouldn't range) and set them to the factory. Leupold sent a new set free! Great company!

GPWDeer
2 point
2 point

Post by GPWDeer » Thu Jan 03, 2008 10:24 am

I just got the Nikkon 600 (the black one). Took it out on Saturday and was very pleased. I would have really liked to have the Swaro range finder that goes out to 1500+ yards, but the Nikkon fell more into my price range. Happy so far.

GPWDeer
Making the swtich to the strick and string! Watch out!

NONYA
Monster
Monster

Post by NONYA » Thu Jan 03, 2008 12:17 pm

I have the Leupold RXII,I didnt like the way it DIDNT pick up targets beyond 300 yards so i sent it to Leupold and demanded a replacement,they replaced the internals,told me they couldnt find a problem but suprise suprise it works PERFECT now,if you have one send it in and tell them it dont work,no matter what they tell you they will fix it,I thik they had a bad run of these,i have seen afew guys not happy with them.

southwind
Monster
Monster

Post by southwind » Thu Jan 03, 2008 1:51 pm

I bought a refurbished bushnell yardage pro 800 about eight years ago and have thought many times about upgrading it. My biggest problem is the stupid thing just keeps working fine season after season so with everything else on my never ending list of goodies I want "if it aint broke" I will just keep using it.

MULEY7MM
4 point
4 point

Post by MULEY7MM » Thu Jan 03, 2008 6:04 pm

I use the same as you brett i bought it at cabelas on sale last year and i like it
Glad to be back...

http://www.troutjournal.com

wilecoyote76
Spike
Spike

Post by wilecoyote76 » Thu Jan 03, 2008 7:39 pm

I purchased a Bushnell Yardage Pro Legend at the tail end of 07' for $200 brand spanking new but didn't get a chance to use it much. My younger brother has the Leica 900 scan and it is a great rangefinder. Another friend has the Leica CRF 1200 and it fits nicely in a shirt pocket too. Most range finders today are getting pretty fancy with the ARC and angle compensation stuff in them - WOW! It almost takes the fun out of shooting guns/bows!

TuPapito
Fawn
Fawn

Re: My Range Finder!

Post by TuPapito » Mon Jan 07, 2008 3:16 pm

I use a Bushnell as well. Seems like whatever optics I buy gets replaced with Bushnell because of the quality. I have Bushnell scopes, rangefiner, and binoculars because all the others have failed. Seems to be a pretty stable brand.

Now, I know that there are 'better' brands out there that will last until my great, great grandson is born, but they also ost an arm-and-a-leg. Bushnell makes quality stuff at an affordable price.
Guess what? I got a fever! And the only prescription is more cowbell!

Buckmaster
4 point
4 point

Re: My Range Finder!

Post by Buckmaster » Mon Jan 07, 2008 7:47 pm

I too started out with a Bushnell 800 and really liked it. Now I have a Nikon 600. I have found the Bushnell with reflective lens is alot slower than the laser Nikon..... John on the spot with Nikon and it reads 1/2 yard increments when archery hunting this is important. :arrow
"I love it when a plan comes together"
<-------<<<

My Photo page
http://www.muleymadness.com/gallery/v/m ... uckmaster/
http://www.badlandspacks.com/