My Range Finder!

Optics, cameras, tents, boots, binoculars, spotting scopes & other gear.
NONYA
Monster
Monster

Re: My Range Finder!

Post by NONYA » Mon Jan 07, 2008 8:23 pm

Who has half yard pins on their bow? :funny-post

killerbee

Post by killerbee » Mon Jan 07, 2008 10:27 pm

:funny-post that is funny :))

Buckmaster
4 point
4 point

Post by Buckmaster » Mon Jan 07, 2008 10:52 pm

No one has a 1/2 yard pin....LOL :funny-post ... but when shooting out of a tree-stand at 30yard at a extreme angle a 1/2 yard can make a big difference. A white tail will drop at the sound of a shot (also known as jumping the string) up to 9" add your missed 1/2 yard and you just missed your trophy.....
"I love it when a plan comes together"
<-------<<<

My Photo page
http://www.muleymadness.com/gallery/v/m ... uckmaster/
http://www.badlandspacks.com/

rfranzman
Fawn
Fawn

Post by rfranzman » Tue Feb 19, 2008 11:38 pm

Leupold vx-II, i dig it, you have to get use to all the settings but when you do it is sweet, it has the true ballistic technology that will calculate in bullet drop as well as the arc technology for up and downhill shots!

Buck Fever
3 point
3 point

Post by Buck Fever » Wed Feb 20, 2008 5:06 pm

I've been using the Nikon Laser 800. Had problems with the first one, so took it back to Cabelas and they gave me a new one. Seems to work great so far. Light weight and compatiable.. :thumb
Must be mentally focused at all times!!

MTredneck
Spike
Spike

Post by MTredneck » Fri Feb 22, 2008 7:48 pm

ya'll fellers is crazy buy'n them high dollar range finders, i bought mine from a golf course for $50 and it is dead on too all the way out to 600 yrds(which is farther than i'll ever shoot)
keep her tween the ditches(rdneck for be safe)
you cant tell a rdneck what to do (coach Starnes)
"women stay at home, cook dinner, have our babies and bring me a beer when i holler for it" coach starnes again

m gardner
Monster
Monster

Post by m gardner » Sat Feb 23, 2008 8:42 am

I've got an Optilogic 120. It's made for bowhunters and goes to about 120 yards. It's a red dot system and works great. It's made in the U.S.A. by rednecks in Tennesee too! It measures in 1/2 yards too, but I'm too old to shoot that precisely anymore.
God bless.
Mark.

MTredneck
Spike
Spike

Post by MTredneck » Sun Feb 24, 2008 7:56 pm

Buckmaster wrote:No one has a 1/2 yard pin....LOL :funny-post ... but when shooting out of a tree-stand at 30yard at a extreme angle a 1/2 yard can make a big difference. A white tail will drop at the sound of a shot (also known as jumping the string) up to 9" add your missed 1/2 yard and you just missed your trophy.....

You said jump, hahahha that is a sign of either exceeding the limits of your bow, or your bow shoots to slow. Here in NC we average 55 deer per square mile, with about that many hunters too. so what i'm saying is that according to your statement(just say'n) that a pressured deer should jump the string well I've killed about 60 deer with my bow(NC,SC,Tenn, and VA) and not once have i had one jump the string and i shoot 57lbs, and i take shots a 45 yrds on PUBLIC LAND(which we have little off and a ton of hunters on it).....Deer jump cause of something prior to the shot taking place
keep her tween the ditches(rdneck for be safe)
you cant tell a rdneck what to do (coach Starnes)
"women stay at home, cook dinner, have our babies and bring me a beer when i holler for it" coach starnes again

Mack Daddy Muley
Spike
Spike

Post by Mack Daddy Muley » Tue May 20, 2008 10:21 am

I agree with BOHNTR, Leica is the only way to go. I have one and it reads out to 1200 yards accuratly. When the shot counts, use a Leica! :not-worthy
"Save a Mule Deer, Kill a Wolf!"

NONYA
Monster
Monster

Post by NONYA » Tue May 20, 2008 12:52 pm

mY monarch 1200 ranges well beyond 1300,about 1/2 the price of a lieca and works just as well as the one my partner bought last year,maybe better beyond 1100.In a hunting scenario any range finder that will range out to 600 every time will meet 99% of us hunters needs,the problem is the ones rated for 6-800 yards usually wont,especially the leupold POS's