Nikon Glass

Optics, cameras, tents, boots, binoculars, spotting scopes & other gear.
JBird
Monster
Monster

Nikon Glass

Post by JBird » Tue May 31, 2016 10:12 pm

Has anyone had much experience with Nikons? I'm a Vortex lover, I've been buying their stuff since it came out but I've been looking into getting a pair of 15's and have read in a few places that the Nikon 16x56's are comparable or better than the Kaibabs and they're a couple hundred bucks cheaper. I've looked through both and can't see a big difference but most glass looks good durning the day. I'm just curious if anyone has experience with the Nikons 16's or otherwise and what you might think about them.

9er
Monster
Monster

Re: Nikon Glass

Post by 9er » Wed Jun 01, 2016 9:08 pm

Ive had a pair of the monarchs 10-12 years ago. They were alright.

IMO dont waist time with the vortex 15's,(im a vortex guy)
Look around and buy a used pair of zeiss, meopta or swaro. Im learning hard on buying either the Swaro or Zeiss 15's. My brother has a pair of the 15 Meopta and has compared them to the older SLC and said the meopta were hands down better.
Watch your top knot!

ABert

Post by ABert » Wed Jun 01, 2016 11:41 pm

I have Leopold, Burris, Zeiss, Vortex and Swaro. My brother has Nikon. Truth be told, looking through all of them, I can only tell the difference with the Swaro. All are very, very good but the Swaro is better.
It ain't the size of the gun but the placement of the bullet.

JBird
Monster
Monster

Post by JBird » Sun Jun 12, 2016 10:30 pm

Thanks guys. If I can find a good pair of used euro glass I wouldn't hesitate to buy them either.