scope and rangefinder combo

Optics, cameras, tents, boots, binoculars, spotting scopes & other gear.
Hemi
Fawn
Fawn

scope and rangefinder combo

Post by Hemi » Mon May 19, 2008 5:00 pm

OK I need some help cabela's has a leupoldrifleman 3-9x40 and a leupoldrxII rangefinder as a combo for 375.00 has anybody used these and is it worth buying a friend of mine said he wouldn't buy anything less than a VXII all thoughts are welcomed PS I am on a budget

Mack Daddy Muley
Spike
Spike

Re: scope and rangefinder combo

Post by Mack Daddy Muley » Mon May 19, 2008 6:31 pm

Man, its a new concept still in its infant phase. Lecia has the best binos and range finders, so I would save my money and buy a Lecia. Leupold isn't bad, but I'd save and buy one that will last forever. Thats just my thinking. (???)
"Save a Mule Deer, Kill a Wolf!"

JBird
Monster
Monster

Post by JBird » Mon May 19, 2008 9:44 pm

I have a Rifleman and I think its a good scope, not the best but certainly better than some. Never used the range finder. If I were you I would buy it, cause you can always upgrade the scope latter and put the Leaupold on a different gun it you want.

Avs man
Spike
Spike

Post by Avs man » Mon May 19, 2008 10:26 pm

IMHO, You can get a better Nikon scope than the leupold rifleman, Now I think leupolds VX II and III are better than the best nikon but you can get a nikon scope and range finder for about the same money and have a better scope than the rifleman, Just my .02$
I spend Half my money on Huntin, The rest I just waste!

NONYA
Monster
Monster

Post by NONYA » Mon May 19, 2008 11:49 pm

The leupold rx range finders are CRAP,I got one brand new in the box,I dumpe mine in the junk drawer and bought a Monarch 1200,kicks butt!