what camcorder?

Optics, cameras, tents, boots, binoculars, spotting scopes & other gear.
gergetz
Fawn
Fawn

what camcorder?

Post by gergetz » Tue Nov 25, 2008 9:05 pm

hey i was just wondering what a good camcorder was? i don't want to spend a lot like 300-400 bucks . i recently bought a Sony handycam dvd610 it had good optical zoom and that is why i bought it but the problem is when i try to zoom in on the deer it just gets blurry. so the only way i can get video of deer is to get real close. another problem i had is that it is a mini dvd and when i upload it to the computer it is in the wrong format to use windows movie maker. So i am going to get a new one and was just wondering what you guys would recommend.

heshen
2 point
2 point

Re: what camcorder?

Post by heshen » Wed Nov 26, 2008 8:32 pm

Well for the price range you are wanting to spend it may be hard to get a really nice camera, but you can get a few good ones for that range.. I recommend canon.. but sony puts out good cameras too.. To be able to avoid it getting blurry when you zoom in look for a camera with a large optical zoom.. something 18x or bigger.. If you would be willing to spend around a 1000-1200 for a used camera you cant beat the canon gl2 for filming wildlife. I have 2 of them and love them..

ridgetop
Monster
Monster

Post by ridgetop » Fri Nov 28, 2008 2:06 pm

I have a Panasonic 32x optical power zoom with 1000 digital and the digital works fairly good. and I got it for under $300. I found the Panasonic had the best image stabilizer out of all the brands I looked at. I thought Canon had the worst image control of them all. Also, the Panisonic is compatable with Windows movie maker.
There's always next year

gergetz
Fawn
Fawn

Post by gergetz » Fri Nov 28, 2008 10:20 pm

ok thank you alot i checked out the pannasonic ones and they look good. also what do you think about the jvc everio? also is yours a hard drive?

ridgetop
Monster
Monster

Post by ridgetop » Sat Nov 29, 2008 9:25 am

Mine is the mini tapes.
There's always next year

heshen
2 point
2 point

Post by heshen » Wed Dec 10, 2008 9:20 pm

I would avoid the ones with the hard drives. If you are going to edit on a computer they will sometimes have proprietary software that isnt compatible with everything. Mini Dv is my choice for sure