Delorme PN-20?

Optics, cameras, tents, boots, binoculars, spotting scopes & other gear.
typicalmuley
Spike
Spike

Delorme PN-20?

Post by typicalmuley » Fri Dec 19, 2008 1:07 pm

Has anybody had any experience with the Delorme PN-20 GPS. I was wondering because I am thinking about buying one. Thanks
Idaho Rules

maintguy47
3 point
3 point

Re: Delorme PN-20?

Post by maintguy47 » Tue Feb 24, 2009 10:09 pm

I bought a PN20 a few months ago with the Topo 7.0 software.Keep in mind that I am totaly computer illiterate. I learned pretty quick how to make maps and transfer them to the gps. I haven't figered out how to use or access the 1GB storeage chip that goes in the gps. I just use the main memory in the gps. It is great being able to take it up into the mountians,pull up a topo map of the area and seeing in real time exactly where I'm at. I'm to old and have been hunting to long to not carry rolled up topos and two compasses. But I like this little unit, it's lite, the menu's are simple even for me. It is also very accurate. I hope this helps. :thumb

typicalmuley
Spike
Spike

Re: Delorme PN-20?

Post by typicalmuley » Wed Feb 25, 2009 8:40 am

Yeah, I broke down and bought the pn-20 I love it. To access the memory card you have to take it out of the unit and connect it to your computer. If you have a printer that has memory card slot you can do it that way or they have a USB adapter that you can plug you memory card into, works great. Thanks, for your response.

typicalmuley
Idaho Rules