Boots

Optics, cameras, tents, boots, binoculars, spotting scopes & other gear.
sneekeepete
Monster
Monster

Re: Boots

Post by sneekeepete » Wed Jun 24, 2009 5:55 am

I have an amazing assortment of boots. My favorite uninsulated pair is a pair of Danner elk hunter's that have lasted very well. It could be because I am not at home in the mountains so I don't wear them as much. Favorite insulated pair for lots of snow and cold are a pair of schnee's 13 inch outfitter II tt. They are amazing boots and have also lasted me forever. I also end up using a mix of bates, danner, oakley combat boots that I have from uncle sam. They are all ok boots for hunting here in North Carolina.
SNEEKEEPETE
OIF Vet.
Sgt Petersen USMC
Colossians 1:27,28

Bowtech43
3 point
3 point

Post by Bowtech43 » Sat Jul 04, 2009 11:58 am

I have a pair of uninsulated Cabelas mid -ankle specials, had them for two years now and I am happy with them so far. Seem to be durable, fairly light weight and I think they only cost like $65. Not bad considering. I typically don't hunt in the real cold weather, generally above 30, and wool socks do the trick just fine. But when it's 90 they are perfect, I worry more about getting hot feet in August bowhunting.
Nothing like the great outdoors! :)

'Ike'
3 point
3 point

Post by 'Ike' » Wed Jul 08, 2009 12:26 am

Danner Instigators (Thanks Roy!) and Merrell have been great for me... :thumb

Both are very comfortable and light-weight, but have the support needed to do about everything I get into...
2010 & 2011 Destroyer 340 - HardWoods HD
BlackGold Sights, RipCord Rest, CarbonTech Shafts, G5 and BuckNasty Strings

Jason Christensen
Fawn
Fawn

Post by Jason Christensen » Fri Jul 31, 2009 11:28 am

I have had about 4 pairs of Danners(Universal Hunter, Pronghorn, Elk hunter) for about 10 years and just bought another pair of Danners the other day! If it is really snowy out I have a pair of Schnee's that I love! If it is warmer outside I wear my Merrills. I have not had a pair of Kennebecs or Meindls.. so can't comment but have heard from others that they love them! Just me two cents!
Jason Christensen
www.nebraskaoutdoorexperience.com
(402)499-3475
"Take a kid hunting and you won't be hunting for them in the future!"

jerseyelknut
Spike
Spike

Post by jerseyelknut » Fri Jul 31, 2009 6:46 pm

I've got 2 pairs of the Meindl's, the Alaskan Hunter and the Perfekt Hiker. I've got wide feet and they seemed to fit the best. I still have problems once in a while with soreness on the wider parts of my feet, but it's tolerable. I also use the Schnees packs when I am spending the whole day in a treestand.

killerbee

Post by killerbee » Fri Jul 31, 2009 7:23 pm

i had the alaska hunters and hated them. but i cant say anything bad about cabelas. i kept trying to make those boots work and after 8 months they let me send them back! they were buid very well , they were very warm, ver waterproof, just the most uncomfortable boot i ahve ever worn. kinda like walking in ski boots. but i later found out that they are mainly built for mountaineering type of hiking, built for using cramp-ons. thus the reason for being stiff.

over all i think they were a well built boot, so i stayed with MEINDLE [sp?] and traded them for the denali. after all it says "cabelas most comfortable boot"

well i have only had them for a week, they are better than the alaskas[ stiffness] but man, they are still frikkin stiff boots :>/ i'm hoping that they break in the next month, but if not there going back too. i would try the perfect hunters next, and if they are stiff i'm going another brand.

obviously i like the over all build of the boots, and i'm hopeing these will be softer after i were them a while.

iliveinthewoods
Spike
Spike

Post by iliveinthewoods » Sat Aug 01, 2009 5:04 pm

I had a pair of browning boots that i got a few good years out of, but they gave up on me. They were pretty comfy, and ran only about 100 bucks... I recently bought a pair of Irish Setters that Cabelas had on sale for $49 bucks, and i have been impressed with them truthfully. They are pretty comfy and 200 gram of insulation
-----------------------------------------------------------------
Hoyt Katera XL
Fuse Acculaunch
Fuse Satori
Fuse Sidekick
Spott Hogg Hogg-it
G5 Matreo Strings
Beaman ICS Hunter Elite
G5 Tekan
"I thought I could shoot, til i saw a shooter..."

dreaming big
Spike
Spike

Post by dreaming big » Mon Aug 03, 2009 10:47 am

I have a pair of wolverines they are 600 gram so not too heavy, been a good fall boot lasted a while too
"I would never die for my beliefs, because i might be wrong."

Loafer
3 point
3 point

Post by Loafer » Tue Aug 04, 2009 9:20 am

I bought a pair of Georgia Boot GTX Loggers with Gortex and 400g of thinsulate 5 years ago. This was the first higher heeled boot I have purchased. They have been one of my favorite boots. Way comfortable and are awesome in steep country and the tread is very aggresive. I tried loggers because I figured if wildland firefighters use them for what they do they probably have a reason. I have owned Rockys, Danners and Vasque prior to these Georgias.
Uva uvam vivendo varia fit - Augustus McCrae