Boots

Optics, cameras, tents, boots, binoculars, spotting scopes & other gear.
BigBoneZ
Spike
Spike

Boots

Post by BigBoneZ » Wed Apr 01, 2009 9:42 pm

What kind of boots ya sport'n? I've been wear'n danners but they seem to wear out fast, think'n bout aku's or kenetrek? What ya think?

BkCntryXtreme
Fawn
Fawn

Re: Boots

Post by BkCntryXtreme » Fri Apr 03, 2009 9:09 am

I had the same problem, switched to Kenetreks last year, they are awesome and I am now a dealer. If you're interested in learning more about them, feel free to shoot me an email at lint5564@yahoo.com. take care!

ABert

Post by ABert » Tue Apr 07, 2009 9:10 pm

Almost embarrassed to say this, but if there is snow on the ground I wear an old pair of Kmart brand insulated leather boots. Before this pair I wore another that last well over ten hard years and many miles. The uppers were fine but the soles were worn flat. I went to get them resoled and it would've cost three times what I paid for the boots new. So I just got another pair.

If there is little to no snow, I've got a pair of Rocky's or a couple of pairs that my good ol' Uncle Sam gave me when he sent me on an all expenses paid trip to a very sandy place.

For some reason, boots just tend to fit my feet with no or very little break in. I did have a pair of Danner hiking boots that I loved...until the entire front blew out after only 2 years. For the price they cost I could have gotten 6 pairs of boots that would have lasted more than 2 years each. Luckily for me, the very same uncle provided these.
It ain't the size of the gun but the placement of the bullet.

BigBoneZ
Spike
Spike

Post by BigBoneZ » Thu Apr 09, 2009 9:26 pm

I know the danners are vwry comfortable but just not impressed with the durability. I have some rockys and hate hike'n in them they hurt my feet and rub blisters but they are great for other stuff.

ICMDEER
Spike
Spike

Post by ICMDEER » Sun Apr 12, 2009 3:40 pm

My main hunting boots are Meindl (Lowa). They are the best I have ever used. If it is snowy, I switch to my Schnees, and if it is just warm weather and scouting, I have some light weight Merrels that I wear. I think the Meindl boots are the best all-around, though.

I had some Rocky boots years ago and they were really hard on my feet. They lacked support and I got sore feet and blisters when carrying a pack. I tried Danners, too, but they did not hold up and I had a tough time keeping them laced to fit.

DeadI

Post by DeadI » Sun Apr 12, 2009 9:50 pm

my last pair was a pair of Georgias they were great boots but they were a bit on the heavy side. I just picked up a pair of danner pronghorns, i have a few friends that have them and have been very happy with them so i thought i would give them a try. hope they work out.
Deadi

Twitch
Spike
Spike

Post by Twitch » Wed Apr 15, 2009 8:53 pm

I love my Merrells, best boots I have ever owned.

For The Love of It
Spike
Spike

Post by For The Love of It » Sat Apr 18, 2009 3:28 pm

I owna pair of Kenetreks and they are definatly good boots but the seam on the inside of the boot towards the back is coming undone. So I'm going to finish shed hunting with them and send them in to be fixed. Th bad part about the whole deal is I have had them for less then 6 months. No matter which way you go the Kenetreks, Mendil and Lowa are all pretty much the exact same boot and cost about the same amount. So I would say go with one of these 3, they cost more but when it comes to my feet I will spend about anything.

wingmaster36
2 point
2 point

Post by wingmaster36 » Sat Apr 18, 2009 8:04 pm

My son and I have really narrow feet. I wear a 12 b and he wears a 13b. We have trouble finding anything that fits. I bought him the Marine corp Mountain Extreme in narrow width and I wear uninsulated Red Wing lacer's with good wool socks.
"The things that are over my head are under God's feet." Adrian Rogers

carramrod
Fawn
Fawn

Post by carramrod » Tue Jun 23, 2009 9:14 pm

There's gotta be some more reviews out there come on peeps. I have been wearing a pair of wolverines that are 10 plus years old they worked pretty good 100% waterproof the soles seemed soft and wore down quickly. I am interested in the kenetreks but not positive.I need warm to cool weather boots with good waterproofing and ankle support that comes in a 14 also have a high arch. Any info would be great thanks.