Good 2 way radios?

Optics, cameras, tents, boots, binoculars, spotting scopes & other gear.
CodeRED
3 point
3 point

Re: Good 2 way radios?

Post by CodeRED » Fri Jun 19, 2009 2:16 pm

Sounds good, post your findings... Im sure we could all benefit from better sounding speakers! Have you tried other Motorola's either or just the 8500's you mentioned? I wonder if its jsut model specific that has the problems. It'd be nice to find out eh?
"Mathews DXT @ 62lbs, G5 Optix XR, Shaffer rest, Fuse Carbon Connexion stabilizer and G5 Montec CS's in front of GoldTip Prohunter 5575's = More meat in my Freezer"
-Cody-

fong47
Fawn
Fawn

Post by fong47 » Mon Jun 29, 2009 9:27 pm

I use to have Motorolas and they pretty good. But its been a long time since I use it and maybe I will upgrade to a newer one. Still searching for one..

hunt4duck
Spike
Spike

Post by hunt4duck » Wed Jul 29, 2009 5:48 pm

If you want good radios, stay away from the Rhinos with GPS and locate abilities. They are great for marking and finding buddies, but radio reception is poor. At least on the lower end model I have. Couple of guys in our group use Midland and they are always picking everyone up as well us us hearing them a long ways away.

Loafer
3 point
3 point

Post by Loafer » Wed Aug 12, 2009 1:54 pm

My motorolas have been great. Check out the rhinos, It 's nice to have the GPS and radio in one unit.
Uva uvam vivendo varia fit - Augustus McCrae

dan walker
Fawn
Fawn

Post by dan walker » Mon Aug 17, 2009 9:19 pm

I used to use Cobras FRS110 but the range was so low that now I am looking at getting something with a little more range.On my Cobras I used a PTT [Push To Talk] system with the earplug in the ear and the mic clipped to my coat collar.When I wanted to talk I just pressed a button on the mic and sent the message.The only noise was in the earplug so the game could not hear it..I converted some earplugs that I got at London drugs ,,,they fit right ovet the ear and were very comfortable and never fell out even if I ran
I just sent an email to cobra asking if they had anything with this system ,it is better than voice activated because it takes time to activate the mic and you loose some of the conversation,,,,and you don't want that when your hunting...Dan