Christensen Optics??

Optics, cameras, tents, boots, binoculars, spotting scopes & other gear.
heshen
2 point
2 point

Christensen Optics??

Post by heshen » Mon Aug 24, 2009 4:56 pm

So I have a friend who is a distributor for Christensen optics and is going to give me a realy good deal on a spotting scope. I am wondering if any of you have used them before? He claims it will out perform my Vortex Skyline 80 ED and be almost comparible to Swarovskis.. (Im not sure about that) But I am just wondering if any of you have tried their products. It is near impossible to find info. on them since they are a new company. I did however read in a birding forum that the glass is japanese glass and the one who tested their glass said it was top notch glass. The design and look of their optics looks very similar to Leica..Christensen Optics had a booth at the hunting expo this last year, but it was hard to tell the quality of the optics in there when I looked thru them. Any info would be appreciated if you have used them..

GUTPYLZ
3 point
3 point

Re: Christensen Optics??

Post by GUTPYLZ » Sun Sep 13, 2009 3:13 pm

Are you talking about Darren Evans? He is my cousin. It is a wonderful product. Just yesterday I ordered the 20x65's spotting scope. I was upset, because I bought the Cabelas MeOpta's Bino's. They are excellent glass, but the Christensens are better and cost less. I know you'll be happy camper!! You'll be hearing a lot more about them here in the near future.
"Waste Is Unjustified, And Especially The Waste Of Time.
One Must Live, Not Only Exist.
One Must Do, Not Merrily Be.
One Must Grow, Not Vegetate."
SPENCER W. KIMBALL

huntingoptics332
Fawn
Fawn

Re: Christensen Optics??

Post by huntingoptics332 » Fri Apr 13, 2012 8:29 pm

Really your Darren Evans cousin? I've heard a lot of good things about his products.
When you are shopping for Hunting Optics scopes, it is vital to get the right one for your needs.