DIGISCOPING?

Optics, cameras, tents, boots, binoculars, spotting scopes & other gear.
GUTPYLZ
3 point
3 point

DIGISCOPING?

Post by GUTPYLZ » Sun Sep 13, 2009 3:33 pm

I want to invest in a adapter and was wondering which one to get? I see everyone's photo's and I want to use it on my hunt this year. I figured it would be nice to be able to share with everyone here. Any help is appreciated.
"Waste Is Unjustified, And Especially The Waste Of Time.
One Must Live, Not Only Exist.
One Must Do, Not Merrily Be.
One Must Grow, Not Vegetate."
SPENCER W. KIMBALL

fatrooster
3 point
3 point

Re: DIGISCOPING?

Post by fatrooster » Sun Sep 20, 2009 11:47 pm

Gutpylz, what spotting scope and camera do you have? Point and shoot camera or DSLR? I just last week stepped up my digiscoping and got me a serious DSLR camera. Hope to have some pics to post later this year. If you have a point and shoot camera then you can get decent results by just holding your camera up to the eyepiece of the scope.
August 2009 097.jpg
This is my set up. Swarovski 20x60x80 scope with a Nikon D-5000 DSLR camera. fatrooster.

ABert

Post by ABert » Mon Sep 21, 2009 9:41 am

Heck, I don't even know what you mean by digiscoping (???)

If you asked about boroscopes, then I'd have a clue :))
It ain't the size of the gun but the placement of the bullet.

182BC...4Now!
2 point
2 point

Post by 182BC...4Now! » Mon Sep 21, 2009 7:28 pm

Fatrooster, is that the swaro adapter? Do you know if there are any other adapters that fit your scope?

fatrooster
3 point
3 point

Post by fatrooster » Tue Sep 22, 2009 12:42 am

A-bert, digiscoping is the practice of using a spotting scope and a digital camera or cancorder to take pictures and video of wildlife or anything else for that matter. You've probably seen lots of pictures on this website that were digiscoped. If you saw a picture here and it had a black ring around the outside of the photo then it was a digiscoped picture. The black ring is called dignetting and is a common problem you get during digiscoping when you do not have a good camera and spotting scope set up.
182BC...4now, yes there are other adapters you can get for your swarovski spotting scope as well as other name brand scopes which cost less than the swarovski adapter and some cost more. Look at http://www.digiscoped.com and then look at the site menu column on the right side of the website and click on digiscope adapters. They show several different namebrands.

A-bert, this is one example of a poorly digiscoped picture using a point and shoot camera. I cannot show you a good example because I just got my new camera and do not have any pictures yet to upload. You can see some black around the corners and side of the picture.
Attachments
August 2009 089.jpg

fatrooster
3 point
3 point

Post by fatrooster » Sat Sep 26, 2009 8:55 am

This is a better example of dignetting. You can see the black ring from the scope. fatrooster.
Attachments
August 2009 059.jpg