Results of Utah Wildlife Board Mtg.

Talk anything related to Mule Deer
Sponsored by: http://www.muledeermania.com
dahlmer
Monster
Monster

Results of Utah Wildlife Board Mtg.

Post by dahlmer » Thu Dec 02, 2010 2:38 pm

Utah wildlife boards votes for option 2 and votes to eliminate statewide archery.

MuleyMadness
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Results of Utah Wildlife Board Mtg.

Post by MuleyMadness » Thu Dec 02, 2010 2:57 pm

WOW!! Pretty crazy, I sure don't hope they think this is a 'cure all'. MUCH more needs to be done. So for you guys that wanted Option #2 you have it now. Look out here comes more LE units in Utah.

I'm not against it, just think we really need some more drastic measures than what's proposed or in place. Hope this is a good start. (???)

Any talk on Dedicated Hunters?

I know statewide archers won't be happy with this, but this is not a surprise to me.

MuleyMadness
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by MuleyMadness » Thu Dec 02, 2010 3:06 pm

Here is a link to the proposed units FYI...

http://wildlife.utah.gov/maps/2011_prop ... option.php

skysthelimit
Spike
Spike

Post by skysthelimit » Thu Dec 02, 2010 3:26 pm

It will be very interesting to see what happens in the future. I am a dedicated hunting so I ll be curious as well to see what happens for me in the future. Big changes. Statewide archery is too bad. I hope this helps. I am all for it if it helps our deer and produces better hunting.

WannabeBowHunter
Fawn
Fawn

Post by WannabeBowHunter » Thu Dec 02, 2010 3:47 pm

I dont think any of the options were a 'cure-all'. I hope the DWR is able to increase the numbers with this option. I do think they will be better able to manage them than with the current system in place.

Just my $.02.

skysthelimit
Spike
Spike

Post by skysthelimit » Thu Dec 02, 2010 4:12 pm

Does anyone know if there will be any type of late season Archery Tags

sneekeepete
Monster
Monster

Post by sneekeepete » Thu Dec 02, 2010 4:24 pm

I wonder who is going to patrol all those units and how they are going to generate enough money to hire everyone it takes considering they will be loosing aprox. 13000 tags. IMO the option chosen was chosen to increase someones income rather than improve herd health. Hopefully a byproduct of this is a healthier herd. Guess we will find out.
SNEEKEEPETE
OIF Vet.
Sgt Petersen USMC
Colossians 1:27,28

PhillyB
3 point
3 point

Post by PhillyB » Thu Dec 02, 2010 5:03 pm

I am at work and haven't been able to look into it much, but how does this decision affect the extended archery hunts like the wasatch? Are these hunts a thing of the past now?
The right thing to do and the hard thing to do are usually the same thing

johnyutah5
2 point
2 point

Post by johnyutah5 » Thu Dec 02, 2010 5:20 pm

I heard that the SFW president stood and voiced his opinion for option 2 and then presented a check for 350,000? Does that bother anyone else????

OPEN faced bribe?

Beyond that....the state gives the tags to the expo/sfw....the expo/sfw sells a bunch of tags for a ton of money and SFW writes out a check to the DWR? Why not cut out the middle man? As I type this I can't help but think of money laundering.....hunting in europe......I think I have royalty in my blood.....better check my genealogy....maybe I am related to the royal peay day family...

stillhunterman
2 point
2 point

Post by stillhunterman » Thu Dec 02, 2010 7:07 pm

johnyutah5 wrote:I heard that the SFW president stood and voiced his opinion for option 2 and then presented a check for 350,000? Does that bother anyone else????

OPEN faced bribe?

Beyond that....the state gives the tags to the expo/sfw....the expo/sfw sells a bunch of tags for a ton of money and SFW writes out a check to the DWR? Why not cut out the middle man? As I type this I can't help but think of money laundering.....hunting in europe......I think I have royalty in my blood.....better check my genealogy....maybe I am related to the royal peay day family...
That just goes to show how much power SFW has in this state, and who controls the WB! Heck, they already had their "vote" explanation handouts all typed up ahead of time for option 2. Watching them ignore all biological data, and make decisions based on political agendas and the influence of SFW, had me shaking my head in wonder, not to mention throwing up in my mouth! #-o They went against what over 70% of the hunters wanted...it was a hard slap in the face, and now SFW will laugh all the way to the bank!

The political bs of the Wildlife Board needs to come to a hault...it needs to go away. It does NO good for the wildlife of Utah or the hunters of this state...