Monster AZ Bucks

Talk anything related to Mule Deer
Sponsored by: http://www.muledeermania.com
Tysum
Fawn
Fawn

Re: Monster AZ Bucks

Post by Tysum » Fri Dec 17, 2010 9:55 am

killerbee wrote:i cant get over these bucks. are they all from THIS year? I mean really, that GIANT 32-34" wide mostly typicle buck is probably the weakest scoring buck of the group, AND I HAVE SPENT MANY SLEEPLESS NIGHT DREAMING OF THAT BUCK!!
can it be possible for all these bucks coming from 1 year? thats amazing!
Yes all were from this year. In fact they were all from 13A & as you know the Strip consists of the 13A & 13B! I quote, "Deer checked in 13A this past weekend" & "13B was also phenomenal also."!!!

It may take me another 10 [-o< -20 years but that is why 13A & B are the only units I put in for w/ rifle here in AZ. The rest of the time I will stick with my bow & go out of State for rifle.

Big Moose
Spike
Spike

Post by Big Moose » Sat Dec 18, 2010 12:00 pm

Awesome bucks ! Still the tag to have ! Every year some whoopers are taken by those lucky enough to draw a tag.

Moose :thumb
Every hunting season you miss is one you can not make up

shmobag
Spike
Spike

Post by shmobag » Fri Dec 24, 2010 4:11 pm

My goodness, I dream of bucks like that.

QS31archery
Fawn
Fawn

Post by QS31archery » Fri Dec 24, 2010 6:10 pm

It looks like it has been a good year for the mulies this year. I know of two colorado state record non-typicals that were taken with a bow that scored 225-230 green. Looks like AZ has the same problem :thumb

CaHntr
Spike
Spike

Post by CaHntr » Mon Jan 03, 2011 9:04 pm

I was getting online just to find out info about applying for The Strip in Arizona. Then these pictures show up and they are simply amazing. Can anyone give me info on what it takes for a nonresident to apply for Arizona. If I understand it correctly I have to pay for the tag upfront and will be refunded if I do not draw? I also need a current year hunting lisence? I am only getting that to apply for a draw. Is that refunded if I am not drawn?

Tysum
Fawn
Fawn

Post by Tysum » Tue Jan 04, 2011 10:18 am

CaHntr wrote:I was getting online just to find out info about applying for The Strip in Arizona. Then these pictures show up and they are simply amazing. Can anyone give me info on what it takes for a nonresident to apply for Arizona. If I understand it correctly I have to pay for the tag upfront and will be refunded if I do not draw? I also need a current year hunting lisence? I am only getting that to apply for a draw. Is that refunded if I am not drawn?
Arizona is very expensive for nonresidents because of the way the draw process works. You are correct in all your questions as far as paying upfront for the tag & buying a hunting license. You do get refunded for the tag if not drawn, but there is no refund for the license.

CaHntr
Spike
Spike

Post by CaHntr » Tue Jan 04, 2011 8:25 pm

Tysum wrote:
CaHntr wrote:I was getting online just to find out info about applying for The Strip in Arizona. Then these pictures show up and they are simply amazing. Can anyone give me info on what it takes for a nonresident to apply for Arizona. If I understand it correctly I have to pay for the tag upfront and will be refunded if I do not draw? I also need a current year hunting lisence? I am only getting that to apply for a draw. Is that refunded if I am not drawn?
Arizona is very expensive for nonresidents because of the way the draw process works. You are correct in all your questions as far as paying upfront for the tag & buying a hunting license. You do get refunded for the tag if not drawn, but there is no refund for the license.
Thanks for the info. I ended up calling the Arizona Game and Fish. Could not find anything on there website for deer and I guess that is because they wont have anything till May. It is expensive for nonres because all I really want to apply for is The Strip and maybe antelope. $150 a year for a license and it could take years for me to get drawn. Anybody know zones for antelope in Kibab area?

silvertip-co
2 point
2 point

Post by silvertip-co » Wed Jan 05, 2011 9:54 pm

just ONE TIME in my life I'd like to kill a big wide on like in them fotos!!! :thumb
SVENSKA50@HOTMAIL.COM
NRA LIFE MEMBER

Tysum
Fawn
Fawn

Post by Tysum » Thu Jan 06, 2011 5:05 pm

CaHntr wrote:
Tysum wrote:
Thanks for the info. I ended up calling the Arizona Game and Fish. Could not find anything on there website for deer and I guess that is because they wont have anything till May. It is expensive for nonres because all I really want to apply for is The Strip and maybe antelope. $150 a year for a license and it could take years for me to get drawn. Anybody know zones for antelope in Kibab area?
7, 9, & 10 are the units to put in for for speed goats.