Unit 44 Colorado

Talk anything related to Mule Deer
Sponsored by: http://www.muledeermania.com
Coloradobuck
Monster
Monster

Re: Unit 44 Colorado

Post by Coloradobuck » Tue Jul 12, 2011 10:03 pm

haha im gonna have to post on here bout unit 44 more often with all these steak dinneres ;) haha but seriously i like to help people i know others here that wouldnt think to help. but to me hunting is not just killn an animal its also helpn other hunters harvest theirs. so any help you guys need i will be glad to help out
“Courage is being scared to death but saddling up anyway”-john wayne

TheGreatwhitehunter

Post by TheGreatwhitehunter » Tue Jul 12, 2011 10:48 pm

Thanks for all the replies. I am new to forums and my wife informed me that I am an idiot because no one uses their real name.
Not true, more than a few people use their real name, the rest of us hide behind our alter egos lol
Again ::wel to the Madness and I hope you stick around and enjoy one of the best hunting sites on the net.

I see you mentioned unit 20, I spent some time in that unit, living in Fort Collins it is very close by.

I have friends that live in Unit 20. Do you live up in that area? I always found that area hit and miss depending on weather it can be productive depending on where you are hunting.

Colorado buck grew up in 44 and knows it well, there is also a few other memebrs here that have hunted it the last few years. Yes the deer numbers are down but the units still holds some dandy bucks they are just a bit fewer and farther between than past years. Hunt hard and stay alert and you should do ok. At the gas station in gypsum, I heard that if you buy Colorado buck desert after a nice steak dinner he will show you his honey holes lol
THE LORD IS MY ROCK

TheGreatwhitehunter

Post by TheGreatwhitehunter » Tue Jul 12, 2011 10:50 pm

Ronald, you back up in Gypsum or you still living in the Springs?
THE LORD IS MY ROCK

Coloradobuck
Monster
Monster

Post by Coloradobuck » Tue Jul 12, 2011 11:46 pm

im back in ol gypsum couldnt find work in the springs so was forced to come back up here and yes a nice piece of pie and i'll show you the family honey hole..(least close to it ;) ) haha
“Courage is being scared to death but saddling up anyway”-john wayne

BIGANTLERGETTER
Spike
Spike

Post by BIGANTLERGETTER » Wed Jul 13, 2011 9:20 am

4th season buck is easy hunt usually just gotta know where they are at the big boys are smart though and they will not be in the same areas as they are during archery and 1st and second they are to smart for that
Hunt til there is nothing to hunt, then go farther and hunt harder the big one will turn up

970bowhunter
Fawn
Fawn

Post by 970bowhunter » Fri Jul 15, 2011 9:28 pm

Hey guys new to the forum, Thanks for such a cool forum, helps feed my obsession. I drew a 44 archery deer tag this year. first time with a tag in the unit but was with a friend on a very successfull muley hunt up there last year. he shot a 192 stud out of there. like most have said the numbers arent huge but there are still some awesome bucks out there. scouting hasnt shown much but weather and moon havent helped much. ill let you guys know how things look so itll help with your 4th season hunt

TheGreatwhitehunter

Post by TheGreatwhitehunter » Sat Jul 16, 2011 12:16 am

::wel to the Madness
THE LORD IS MY ROCK

deerhuntenokie
Fawn
Fawn

Post by deerhuntenokie » Mon Jul 18, 2011 8:25 am

Hey 970bowhunter, seen any elk on those scouting trips. I am going to be there for muzzleloading season. not trophy hunting just looking for something legal.
deerhuntenokie

970bowhunter
Fawn
Fawn

Post by 970bowhunter » Mon Jul 18, 2011 7:22 pm

I havent seen any yet. A couple of my buddies had really good luck up there last year during archery season.

killerbee

Post by killerbee » Mon Jul 18, 2011 11:43 pm

geeze, this post is making me hungry!
anybody want to come hunt in oregon?
i just want a steak dinner lol

i just hope you guys asking for help are nice enough to return the favor, and make sure to post when you hunt is done. the ratio of guys signing one for info and then never hearing from them again is pretty high-